Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A White Christmas!

Well this year we definitely had a WHITE Christmas in Norman. It snowed 14 inches in one day! My mom and I had some last minute Christmas shopping to do on Christmas Eve so we set out to go to Wal-Mart thinking we could make it in the BLIZZARD.....boy were we wrong! It ended up being a three hour trip, taking us an hour and a half just to get home! We did pretty good until we got stuck on the railroad tracks....needless to say we got a little heated and nervous and had a mental breakdown until I was able to push us over the tracks. Then, we got stuck pulling into our neighborhood and our guardian angel (my dad's friend Terry) was luckily pulling out at the same time and he shoveled us out. My mom, Aunt Jan, and I baked chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter fudge, it was a lot of fun. My mom and I have never done the whole Christmas baking thing, but I think we've decided that it's a tradition we might pick up. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to Christmas in Texhoma and my dad was there all by himself. We sure missed him at the house on Christmas morning and hated opening up presents without him. Luckily he made it home on Sat and he got to open up his presents in front of us. We did lots of sledding and playing in the snow. The puppies absolutely loved every minute of it!! If you look at the pictures below, you will see how much fun we had. Trevor thought it would be fun to do a handstand in the snow to show how deep it was, but he didn't realize he would have a horrible brain freeze when he came up! Oh well, it made for a great pic right? All in all we had a GREAT Christmas, eventhough it was a little different than most. All that really matters is that we got to spend it with family, celebrating Jesus' birth. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas as well!


This is Aunt Jan's FABULOUS Christmas sweater that she let Trevor borrow for a Christmas party. We got a kick out of it!! I bet you like my mom's pink robe too....haha!





























1 comment:

  1. WONDERMOUS!!!!

    love,
    aunt hopey!!!

    ps. the best chocolate cake, if you wanted
    to bake a chocolate cake, is the recipe on the back of the Hersey's Cocoa can. ((just add 2 tblsp. vinager before blending). sounds gross but a secret that really makes the difference between good a REALLY good))Frost with the Texas Chocolate frosting......MMMMMmmmmm good!!!

    ReplyDelete