Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, June 20, 2011

Recent Happenings.....

1. I will be leaving for Jamaica in 3 days!!! AHHHH, so excited I can't wait!! I've been trying to layout as much as possible so I don't turn into a lobster on the beach. I'm still extremely pasty white so I'm planning on bathing in sunscreen every morning before going to the beach.





2. My brother and his fiance got a new dog yesterday. She is so sweet and very pretty. Her name is Sadie and she's part Border Collie, part Australian Shepard I think. They got her at Second Chance. She's about 6 months old, but she's a very well behaved dog. Samson and Harris love her. They've been playing and running around all day long. I took a video of them playing, but my blogger account won't let me upload it...maybe later! I caught Sadie chewing on my running shoes earlier and I yelled at her to tell her no and she just put her nose inside the shoe and rested her head there. I tried to capture that on my camera, but by the time I got it out she moved to this position.


3. Last Tuesday we had a pretty crazy storm hit. We weren't given much warning at all and it hit with a vengeance. Lots of hail, hard rain, and heavy wind. A lot of houses had roof damage and fences down and power outages. It snapped trees in half and even completely uprooted a few. There were tons of leaves, bushes, and tree limbs scattered everywhere. We're supposed to get another storm tonight...crossing my fingers that it's just a nice rolling thunderstorm and nothing severe. Here's a video that I saw on facebook of someone who lives in North Norman. It doesn't look to bad at first, but wait until about 2:30 into it and it gets pretty scary. Luckily I was at work when it hit, but I could hear it outside and I thought our building was going to blow down...it was creaking really loudly. We didn't have any damage at the house and neither did my parents, thank goodness!



Other than that, there's not much else going on. I'll be sure to update you with lots of pictures when I get back from my vacay to Jamaica :)


No comments:

Post a Comment