Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, April 21, 2015

We're Moving.....AGAIN!

 
Yep, you read that right. We are moving yet again. And yes, you counted correctly....that makes three moves since we got married almost two years ago and I'm definitely OVER it. My life has been absolutely nuts and I apologize for neglecting my blog, but there has been no time for reading or writing blogs.
 
We knew when we moved into the "Love Shack" nine months ago that we would eventually be moving out within the year. It was a temporary place to live while we found something more permanent. We were looking for houses to buy and almost got to the stage of making an offer on a townhouse when we got the news that we had to be out of our house by May 9th because the new intern would be moving in. That gave us 4 weeks to find a place and move out. To say that I panicked and had a small mental breakdown is an understatement. We knew then that buying would no longer be an option because there wasn't enough time and we didn't want to feel rushed into making that big of a decision. We immediately began looking for rent houses. Just so you know, the rental market here is AWFUL. No one allows pets, everything is out of this world expensive because of all the oil workers that rent and therefore, there is almost nothing available for rent. We lucked out and found a house listed online for rent. We went and looked at it last week and loved it. However, there was already someone with an application on it and they had until last week to put down the deposit. We were on the edge of our seats waiting all weekend to hear if they paid the deposit or not. Luckily, they didn't and we signed the lease today! HOORAY. You have no idea how relieved I am.
 
The house is a HUGE upgrade from the "Love Shack." It is 3 bed/2 bath with a huge fenced in backyard, a large patio, two big shop buildings for all of Aaron's outdoors stuff, and a storm cellar. It is extremely clean and recently updated and we will have so much storage. Obviously after living in the "Love Shack" we have become extremely humble and will be looking forward to having a dish washer, a kitchen sink that drains, bath tub, laundry room, etc. I am so thankful that Aaron's job provided us with a home to live in rent and bills free for 9 months. It really was a huge blessing and life saver because we could not find anything else at the time. However, I must say, I will not miss the "Love Shack" one bit. I will miss how relaxing it is out here and all the wildlife there is to see, but our new rent house is on 10 acres so I'm sure it will still be very relaxing. It is also 10 miles closer to my work place.
 
I still remember how shocked and panicked I was when I first saw the "Love Shack" and realized that we would have to live there for a while. I never imagined that we would live in it for all of 9 months and I must say I think I deserve a pat on the back for it. I'm pretty sure there will never be another wife that lives in that house that long, but we made it our home and it worked out great and for that I am very thankful. I can promise you that I will be in heaven in our new house. Who knows how long we will be in it, but there is one thing I do know....I am so sick of moving and I'm ready to buy a house and live in it FOREVER!! Stay tuned for updates and pictures of the new place. I'm off to go search Craigslist for a riding lawn mower and a patio furniture set :)
 
 The back patio and yard.
 Any ideas/suggestions on how to style this large brick wall/fireplace? Wish it had a mantle.
Aaron's future shop. I bet he fills up every bit of it.

2 comments:

  1. NICE!!! you'll miss that little love shack one day and remember it fondly : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh moving is such a pain, but looks like your new home is perfect and has a ton of space and I am sure it will be fun to decorate.

    ReplyDelete