Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I also hope this post isn't too mushy/corny/cheesy for you, but I'm just giving you a fair warning. I wanted to share a little bit about my Valentine's Day. Aaron and I met for dinner after work and then saw The Vow. It was a very cute/sweet movie and yes, I did cry........but it doesn't hold a candle to The Notebook. However, I would still recommend that you see the movie. I just love Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum so much.


Aaron and I enjoy spending time together so obviously we like any excuse to go out on a date, but we don't go all out for Valentine's Day. It used to be a requirement that we only spend $20 on a gift and it had to be homemade, but after so many years, Aaron was running out of crafty ideas. So now we usually just get the usual cards, flowers, candy, etc...and I'm not complaining about it one bit. Here are the gorgeous flowers I got. I'm so glad they weren't roses. I like roses, but sometimes they're just plain and boring. I am in love with all the pretty flowers and colors in this arrangement. Nice job, Aaron. He also got me a card, box of chocolates, and he made me a CD of all my favorite songs. He also threw in Wade Bowen's CD with it :)


so pretty have you guys heard of a gurgle pot? It's a pitcher, in the shape of a fish, that gurgles when you pour it. My mom and dad bought me a gurgle pot for Valentine's Day in moss green and I love it! Thanks mom and dad!


I had no idea what to get Aaron so I browsed Pinterest (my trustworthy, all-knowing, best friend) and found a few fun ideas. Yes, they're corny and cheesy, but if you know me, I'm pretty much a corny/cheesy person. After all, I am my mother's daughter so I didn't really have much of a chance (sorry mom, love you). The labels on the pop bottles I downloaded from Pinterest and the other ones I made myself. Some of the sayings on the candy I got from Pinterest and some of them I came up with. I think I got a bigger kick out of it than Aaron did, but he was excited to have some treats to take to work.



























I was just going to throw it all in a big basket, but I found these two buckets at Dollar Tree and thought they'd be perfect for Aaron since he loves baseball and hunting. They are supposed to be Easter baskets, but oh well!


I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

































No comments:

Post a Comment