Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, March 21, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It- #16

 
It's Thursday and you know what that means. SAW IT, PINNED IT, DID IT with Katie & Stephanie!
 
I am obsessed with succulents and they will be a part of our wedding flowers. One of the reasons I picked mint green as our wedding color is because I love the minty green color in succulents and dusty miller leafs. I wanted both of those flowers/plants incorporated into our wedding. The minute I saw this project on Pinterest, I knew I had to do it.
 
This is my Pinspiration:
source: lizmarieblog.com (if you haven't read her blog before, go check it out. She is seriously talented and does some amazing DIY's)
 
And here is my version:
 
 
I bought the fake succulents from Hobby Lobby while they were half off. They look very real in person. They have a bunch of different types of succulents so I used three different ones for each pot. I painted the flower pots white and then hot glued twine to the bottom. Then, I filled the pots with rocks from Hobby Lobby and added the succulents. VOILA and you're done. How easy is that? I LOVE the way they turned out and I can't wait to display them in our house after the wedding.
 
Oh, and guess what today is?
100 days until the big day!!!!! AHHHHH!!!
Happy Thursday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment