Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Sunday, June 1, 2014

Productivity Makes Me Happy!!


I had a very productive weekend. Although, I would have rather been outside doing something fun all weekend, I got a lot accomplished and that always makes me happy. I've been working full time so I don't have all my weekly spare time to get chores, errands, editing, and other projects done. It's been a while since I've worked 5 days a week and I just now realized how spoiled I've been for the last few months. Although, I'm not complaining because I'm thankful for a full time job.

This weekend I...
-Went grocery shopping. I decided I'm going to test out the whole meal planning on the weekend and having a menu for Mon-Sun. We'll see how it goes. I'm not a cook and I don't enjoy being in the kitchen so we'll see if I can muster up the energy to cook every night. Wish me luck.
I went ahead and decided to reward myself while grocery shopping. I was in the mood for some gelato and I discovered these guys. I thought the packaging was enticing and the flavors were making my mouth water so I bought them. It is probably the most expensive little pint of ice cream I've ever bought, but totally worth every penny. You have to try them...they are absolutely amazing. Your mouth will thank me later, or it might curse me because you will never want your freezer to be without these again.  They are vegetarian, gluten free, HFCS free, and hormone free. You can find them at Wal-Mart.

-Closed up shop and moved out of my craft booth. I just don't have time for it anymore and I haven't added anything new to it since Christmas so I decided it was time to be done with it. I am having a garage sale this Saturday (I promise this weekend I really am having one) and I'm selling everything that was in my booth for cheap so please come buy it all. I WILL NOT take it back into my house if it doesn't sell.

-Did a photo shoot for this cutie and I edited a newborn session that I've been needing to edit forever ago. I feel so much better now that it's finally done.
How great is his "duck face"? I love it! His dad was tickling his nose with a leaf and he made this face over and over again. So stinkin' cute. 
I really despise editing pictures...it is the absolute last thing I want to do everyday when I get home from work and it takes me a long time to convince myself to sit in front of a computer all evening and edit, but then I start editing pictures like the ones I'm currently working on below and I remember why I love doing what I do. Because these precious moments are what life is all about and I'm so glad I get to capture those moments for people that I love oh so dearly.


-I cleaned the house, washed and folded every last piece of laundry, washed the outside and inside of my car, took Samson on multiple walks, and met with a friend to plan her daughter's 1st birthday pictures.
Can't clean house without lighting a candle. This is my current favorite from Bath & Body Works....Provence Garden. It smells amazing.

-We also managed to squeeze in a fun date night to dinner & a movie. We don't go to the movies very often, but I love it when we do. We saw the movie Neighbors. It was sooo bad, but a little funny. One of those where you feel terrible for laughing at it. Or one of the ones you don't go see with your parents.
Love him! It's June and that means we will be celebrating our 1st anniversary this month in New Mexico. So excited....I am in desperate need for a vacation.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Sorry for a totally random blog post, but I thought I'd write a post while I was on a productive kick. Tomorrow I will be back under my rock editing away. I've got three more sessions to edit, a wedding to take this month, and two more 1st birthday pictures to take all before our trip. If I don't update my blog for a while, you'll know why ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment