Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, August 18, 2014

Moving Progress!



We are officially Oklahoma residents again. We loaded up a 26 foot UHaul and three vehicles full of our stuff and moved last Tuesday. We are slowly getting situated and unloading boxes.

 I must say, the house already looks 100x better after cleaning it and putting our stuff in it. I have already picked out and bought the paint colors and I will start painting the living room tomorrow. I will post the before pictures as soon as I get them taken and can find Internet service. We don't have Internet set up yet so I'm using the Internet at my parent's house right now.

Aaron started his job today. I'm anxious to hear all about how his first day went. I can tell you that he is absolutely loving where we live and being out in the wild. So far we have spotted wild hogs, a momma bob cat and her kittens, 3 coyotes, a flock of turkeys, and some big bucks on the land. To say Aaron is in "HOG" heaven is an understatement. I'm pretty sure he goes outside every chance he gets to look for wildlife. I, on the other hand, am scared to death to step foot outside, especially in the dark.

I have started the interviewing process and will let you know how that goes as things progress.

We owe a GIGANTIC thank you to Aaron's family and my parents for all they have done for us during this move. Aaron's family came to Mammoth and helped us load everything. Then they drove to our new place and helped us unload everything. We could not have done it without their help. Thank goodness Aaron has two brothers because their muscles were definitely needed to move all our big furniture. My parents spent 12 hours cleaning the house prior to us arriving and then they came down the day after we unloaded the UHaul to help us get everything situated. They also babysat Samson for two weeks so we wouldn't have to worry about him while we packed and moved. It was a huge help, but we missed him so much!

I came to my parents house this weekend and reunited with Samsy! We went for a long walk and I might have almost cried when I first saw him. We were both so excited. 

It has already been so great being so close to family. I was able to spend the weekend on the lake with my mom's side of the family. We had relatives in from Virginia so we had a big get together and it was so much fun.
 I haven't seen Isabel and her parents since our wedding last June. It was so fun to see her and see how much she has grown. She is adorable and says the cutest things.
 I also got the meet sweet baby June for the first time. She is the prettiest baby ever. Those big brown eyes and her gummy grin will steal your heart. She was such a good, happy baby.
Love my family so much and so glad we got to spend the weekend together.

My brother and his wife just got back from their vacation to Puerto Rico. I got to have lunch with them today and they brought us back a souvenir. My brother said they searched high and low for the perfect souvenir for us and I'm pretty sure they nailed it....hahaha. I love it. I wish we had a mailbox to put this on, but we don't have a mailbox yet so I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it. 

So far I have painted the front door (on the inside) a pretty robin's egg blue/mint and I've bought the "love grows best in little houses" pillow and put it on our couch in the living room. Stay tuned for the before pictures, coming soon!






1 comment:

  1. fantastic!!! can't wait to see your love shack pics!!!

    ReplyDelete