Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Saturday, April 9, 2016

WE ARE MOVING!!!!



I know what you're thinking when you're reading this blog title.....AGAIN?? Yes, you read it right. We are moving yet again, but we are so excited about it. We knew when we moved back to Oklahoma that it was going to be really great, but we knew that we didn't want to live in this part of Oklahoma forever. Our ultimate goal has always been to eventually live in the greater Tulsa area, start a family there, and stay there for a really long time. We are so happy to announce that Aaron has accepted a job with his same employers in the Tulsa area!!! You guys have no idea how hard we have prayed for this. Aaron came home late last Thursday night after a prescribed burn at work and he asked me if I was ready to finally buy a house. I knew that meant he had heard back from his boss about the job, I just didn't know if it was good or bad. I asked with concern in my voice, "where will we be buying a house?" He replied, "I got the job!!" We both screamed and jumped up and down and then I asked when he started......he said on Monday and I about puked! I knew that meant he would be leaving the next day and I would have to put my two weeks notice in at work and get all the rest of the loose ends figured out up here by myself. I put my two weeks notice in at work the next day, which just so happened to be April Fools. Have you ever tried to tell your co-workers you're quitting on April Fools Day? No one will believe you, haha.

It's always bittersweet when moving and we will both really miss our jobs and our co-workers. I will miss my D-Group and the sweet girls in it, but more than anything we are so thrilled to be moving closer to Aaron's family and all of our friends that live in that area. I am already looking forward to Bachelorette watch parties with all the girls, Aaron's looking forward to hunting on private land with all his buddies, and we're already talking about starting a co-ed summer softball team with our friends. We felt a great sense of community when we lived in Mammoth, but that is one thing we were really missing here and we cannot wait to have that again!

We have been so lucky that our year lease is up at the end of April so we believe God orchestrated this whole thing perfectly. We will be house hunting with a realtor this Sunday so please pray that it goes well and we can find the perfect house to buy. Our plan is to get the buying process going quickly, and we will be staying with my in-laws for a while or maybe find a rental without a year lease to stay in until we can buy something. Aaron just got into town last night and we are planning on packing all weekend. My Aunt Jan is amazing and she took off work to come and stay with me last week and was such a huge help!! She really was the only reason I partially kept my sanity and she and Aaron can tell you that I was a hot mess last week trying to figure this all out.

At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for work in Tulsa, but if you have any ideas or know of anyone hiring, please let me know. Also if you know anyone with a house for sale, we'd love to hear about it! It will probably be quiet around this blog of mine until we get all settled in, but I will keep you posted on the house hunting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment