Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things.....

I went to my first hair show yesterday and I had a lot of fun and learned some new techniques and tricks of the trade. I've been doing hair for 4 years, but I never had the time to attend a hair show because I was too busy with school and work. It was a small show in OKC at City Walk. Matrix, Sexy Hair, Framesi, and Farouk were all there. Apparently there are going to be some new big changes with Matrix within the next year or so. They were very excited about some new lines coming out, but they weren't able to share much more than that. They also have two fairly new color lines out that I wasn't aware of, but the colors looked amazing on the models! I can't wait to try them out. Also, their newest product line is called Design Pulse and it is targeted for both male and female clients. I got a bunch of samples of the new line and I think I'm going to really like their Shine Max.



While we are on the subject of hair product, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things...
I LOVE Big Sexy Hair's Blow Dry Volumizing Gel! You apply it to wet hair and then blow dry it. It gives lots of voluptuous volume!

I am currently using Catwalk's Your Highness Volumizing Hairspray and I really like it. It has a great smell and it's not too strong or sticky. It's lightweight and workable.
I have been using this product religiously since I started hair school. I am obsessed with it and there's rarely a day that goes by that I don't use it. Since my hair is so long and tangly I have to use a detangling spray. Healthy Sexy Hair's Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Treatment is amazing. I spray it in my hair before I brush it out. It makes all the tangles go away and it's so much easier to comb through. Not only that, but it also leaves my hair feeling soft, silky, and SHINY! They recently came out with new packaging and a new improved formula that includes soy & cocoa and I can tell a difference in the amount of shine. A lot of people have been asking me how I get my hair so shiny and this is the answer! You should try it, you will not be disappointed!

I also really like Kenra's Root Lifting Spray. When the hair is wet, you lift it and spray it on the root area. It will provide fabulous height and volume in your crown area.....and it smells wonderful!

Big Sexy Hair recently introduced their new product called Powder Play. I hadn't heard anything about it until a few clients came into the salon looking for it. They spoke very highly of it so I decided to try it out and WOW it works wonders!! My hair is fine, straight, and flat and I have a very hard getting any volume. If you've ever tried to backcomb or poof my hair you know that it doesn't work very well. However, if you use this stuff it will work. I backcomb my hair and then sprinkle a little bit of powder on the roots and it stays exactly where I want it. All you have to do is run your fingers back in your hair to poof it and it will stay that way. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way!
Pureology is by far my favorite product line when it comes to shampoo & conditioner. I love their Hydrate Shampoo & Conditioner. The conditioner really cleans your scalp and leaves it feeling tingly and minty fresh! Even though Pureology is more expensive than most, it is well worth the extra money. I also love Pureology's HydraCure conditioning mask and their ShineMax smoothing serum.

























1 comment: