Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Way-Back-Wednesday...College Style!

Caitlin's 18th bday...she's just a baby!

Love these girls so much!

My 21st birthday!haha




crazy girls


Snow day with Court. The day Miss Pucker came to life :)


LOVE


:)


Miss yall!


Hanging out in Chouteau Bend!


First trip back after graduating. Fun times!


Caitlin's infamous dancing tongue face.


One of my most favorite pics.


Halloween Freshman year, hahaha.


oh, we look so young.


Our first snow day. We didn't have proper sledding equipment so we made due with chemistry goggles and a plastic container. Didn't workout as planned.


Dinner at Dick's in San Antonio. On our way to Padre Island. Spring Break of Freshman year.


Trip to my hometown


Grandma/Grandpa theme party. So hilarious!


Embarassing face, but college would not have been the same without late night trips to Benson's Grill and the GOTCHAA!!!


Love you Gill!


YO MOMMA FACE!


:))


Volleyball girls
Trip to Fayetteville for Gill's 21st!


pretty girls!



This was the result of a girl's night in. We decided to play dress up and make a music video to the song "Disturbia"....wow, good times!


Halloween Junior Year. Ginger Spice and Jessica Simpson


New Year's trip to Norman


Pom Squad before performing Risky Business dance.

i miss pom, but i don't miss dancing at the baseball games.


love you guys!


Love you Allie!


bahahaha, who knows


roommates


miss being crazy with Court!


Pom Squad haunted house...we made a few kids cry


:)


Halloween Senior Year, Ninja Turtles, favorite costume!


"JIMMYY SHUUU"


New Orleans for Mardi Gras


miss spending ridiculous amounts of time getting ready and taking stupid pictures...although i don't miss the mess of our house looking like a sorority house.


Pom Squad 09-10


<3


Lake trip to Tahlequah, so much fun!







I have done a wonderful job at abandoning my way-back-Wednesday posts. After looking through old pictures from college and reminiscing on all the wonderful times we had, I decided this post would be fitting. I cannot explain to you how much I miss my college friends. I think about them all the time! Since I graduated and left Arkansas, I've been back to visit 3 times. I remember when I moved, I promised them that I'd come back once a month. Oops..I totally failed. Even though it's only a 3 hour drive, it's really hard for me to find the time to make the trip since I don't have the weekends off. I promise girls that I'm going to come visit soon. A few of the girls have made the trip or two to see me since I've moved. Even three of the girls drove 3 hours just to come get their hair done by me and then they turned around and drove right back home. I was so excited they came all that way. It always makes my week when people come visit!! I have so many fun memories of college and the relationships that I built while in Arkansas. I cherish each and every one of those friendships so much. I know that we may not talk very often and we may not see each other very much, but I always know that no matter how far apart we are, we will always reunite and pick right back up where we left off the next time we see each other. Just FYI girls, next summer we are due for a super fun girls weekend getaway to somewhere awesome. All of you in these pictures are included and you better be there!





"True friendship is a sacred, important thing, and it happens when we drop down into that deeper level of who we are, when we cross over into the broken, fragile parts of ourselves. We have to give something up in order to get friendship like that. We have to give up our need to be perceived as perfect. We have to give up our ability to control what people think of us. We have to overcome the fear that when they see the depths of who we are, they'll leave. But what we give up is nothing in comparison to what this kind of friendship gives to us. Friendship is about risk. Love is about risk. If we can control it and manage it and manufacture it, then it's something else, but if it's really love, really friendship, it's a little scary around the edges."

I absolutely love this quote. It's from one of my favorite books, "Cold Tangerines." I immediately highlighted it when I first read it because it is SO true. Building lasting friendships and relationships is so important to me!



































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment