Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Saturday, December 29, 2012

6 Months!!!

Today marks exactly 6 months until our wedding day! I am getting so anxious and excited. My wedding dress came in this week and today I had my first fitting and I got to bring the dress home. That made it way more surreal. Thankfully, the dress fit like a glove. It fit so perfectly that I won't have to alter it, except for the length. That also means I cannot gain a pound from now until June. I plan to kick it into high gear starting Jan. 1st and hopefully tone up and lose a few pounds.

Here's a list of the things I've gotten done and/or am working on right now:

-Save the Dates are printed and 3/4 of them are done being addressed. I still have a handful left to do, but I plan on sending them out next week sometime.

-I designed and ordered our Thank You cards and they came in the mail today. They turned out just like I had envisioned.

-I ordered my veil tonight and it should be here in less than 2 weeks.

-I submitted our engagement announcement in the local newspaper and it should be published sometime this month.

-I bought tickets for my first bridal show next Sunday....I can't wait!

-My bachelorette party plans are in the works. We picked a date and location for it. Dallas/Ft. Worth here we come!

-I have cake tested at one bakery so far and I have an appointment to cake test at another place next week. Hopefully this next one will be a WINNER because her cakes are gorgeous!

The wedding planning process has been so fun and I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. There is so much going on in my head at all times and I'm constantly thinking about what I have to do next.  Next on my list is to:

-Book the honeymoon

-Start wedding counseling with our minister

-Try on and rent tux's/suits

-Start on invitations

Aaron has been so pleasant and low key throughout the whole planning process. There are certain things that he's particular about and the rest of it he pretty much agrees with me on. His main concern is the music and what he's wearing. Every thing else he is go with the flow on. He was really sad he couldn't make it to the cake testing. He's convinced that's the best part about wedding planning. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me how ready he is for me to be there with him. We are both so ready to finally be married and living in the same town and house....and that makes me so anxious for June 29, 2013 :))

No comments:

Post a Comment