Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wedding Shower #2

The lovely ladies in my mom's Sunday school class hosted our second shower at the church. It was a wonderful shower with great food, decorations, games, and fun. They did an excellent job.

These are the wonderful hostesses....plus my mom.

My parent's Sunday school class probably isn't like most Sunday school classes.....maybe it is, but I just feel like they are such a tight knit group. I've grown up with most of the member's children since we were itty bitty, or I watched them group up in the church when I was grown and they were itty bitty. They are a very special group of people to me and my parents. They do a lot together. They go on vacations together, dinner parties, holiday parties, etc. Not only that, but they go through a lot of life changing events together....births, deaths, illnesses/diseases, children's graduations and weddings......the good and the bad. One thing they have done a thousand times and could probably do with their eyes closed is host a bridal shower. I'm so grateful they offered to host a shower for us.

The Invitation:

The Food:
If there's one thing these ladies are known for, I'd say it'd have to be their ability to cook. The food was delicious and homemade. Each guest was asked to bring their favorite recipe to share. I am very excited about trying them out for Aaron. I need all the help I can get in the cooking department.

The Games:
 

We played two games. One game required the ladies to search through their purses and mark off everything they had in their purse that was listed on the sheet. One of the items was a picture of the bride. I just knew no one would get that one, but to my surprise, one of my mom's friends had my senior volleyball picture still in her wallet. You never know when something like that might come in handy. The other game asked for an estimated price of various household goods. Whoever got closest in price after totaling them all up won a gift. I think the winner was .67 off. Pretty darn close.
 
We got some really great gifts at this shower. We are totally set with all of our kitchen appliances and gadgets and we got all of our bedding for both bedrooms. Thankfully, Aaron's mom took a load of gifts back with her when she left. Aaron also took a load last time he came so we have that all taken care of.
 
There were a few really cool sentimental gifts that weren't on our registry that we got and loved so much.
 
 This one made me cry. My aunt bought me a huge jar of Queen of Suds laundry detergent. If you haven't read my blog post about this, then you wouldn't understand why it would make me cry. To make a long story short, one of my sweet clients makes this soap to raise money for medical bills because her husband is battling colon cancer. It meant the world to me that my aunt contacted her after reading my blog post and bought a big jar of it to help donate to a great cause. Such a thoughtful, meaningful gift.
 I loved these Mr. & Mrs. hangers that Morgan made herself. She did an awesome job.
Aaron's mom's friend got me a card that had a sixpence in it. For those of you that don't know the old ritual it goes like this, "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence to put in your shoe." I thought that was such a neat and sweet idea. I will be wearing it in my shoe on the wedding day and I will save it to pass on to future generations. The sixpence is supposed to represent good luck and fortune for the bride and groom.
 
At our first shower, we got an awesome leather journal with our new last name and wedding year engraved in it. Our friend who gave it to us has a tradition in her family that they bring out the journal at family gatherings and holidays and everyone writes or draws in it and they pull it out and read through it at each new gathering. I think that is such a great idea and will be something neat that we can do to remember all the fun times. It will also be something cool that maybe our children or grandchildren will treasure someday.
 
I just love sentimental things....they make my heart happy.
 
Aaron's mom, me, and my mom
 
The wedding is officially 30 days away.....that's less than one month! We've made a lot of progress lately in the planning department.
 
- We mailed out rehearsal dinner invitations today
- Aaron tried on his ring and it fit and he loves it. Whew, thank goodness
- Aaron's bachelor party is this weekend
- I got my bridal portraits back and the printed images are in the mail
- We found out last week that my sister from another mother (Mariana, our foreign exchange student during my jr. year of high school) will be attending the wedding all the way from Bolivia. You have no idea how happy that makes our family. We cannot wait to see her and meet her husband. Seriously, the best news ever!
- The RSVP's are continually coming daily in the mail and it's so fun to look at them and read all the song suggestions. So far, we have received 19 regrets and 208 yes'. Keep the yes' coming!
 
Up next on the to-do list:
-Finish up the DJ song request list
- Organize and discuss the order of ceremony
- Design and print wedding programs
- Finish buying wedding party gifts
- Get marriage license
-GET MARRIED!!!
 
It's bittersweet because my last day of work is Saturday. I'm so sad to be leaving all my friends and clients, but glad that I will have a month off to finish everything up. I'll be leaving to go visit Aaron for an entire week and I can't wait.  We are going to work a lot on the house and I'll be taking my last load of junk. Ah, it's all becoming so surreal.
 
If you followed me for this entire post then I'm impressed. I'm sure you're so sick of hearing about our wedding. I promise it's almost over (even though I will be doing recaps afterwards for a while)....I just want to make sure this special time in our lives is documented for us to look back on :)
 
Thanks for reading! Much love.
We can't wait to see you in June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment