Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Madness & Where I've Been


I apologize for my lack of blogging. It has been a crazy month filled with work, photography shoots, visitors, weekend getaways, & a few fun surprises. Not complaining about that one bit. I have been looking forward to March & April for a long time because of all the fun things going on. So here's a recap of what we've been doing:

- In February I traveled to Springfield, MO to watch my cousin Parker compete in a tae kwan do tournament. He came home with four medals and two of them were 1st place! He did awesome. I got to visit with my cousins and learn a lot about tae kwan do. It was a short visit, but I loved every minute of it.


-Then, in that same day, I traveled to Tahlequah, OK to surprise my cousin Blondell. She was in a theater production that her town put on and we completely surprised her by coming to the show. My mom, three aunts, and my uncle came along. Afterwards, we hung out at her house, spent the night with my aunts & mom at a lodge, had breakfast together, and went shopping afterwards. It was a great trip and I was so happy to spend a weekend with my family.


-In March, I made a weekend trip to Branson, MO to hang out with my best friend and her family. They had a time share in Branson for Spring Break. Alli and I shopped till we dropped and had a blast catching up.
  These are some of the purchases I made in Branson. The "D" yard flag and the gray headboard are from Kirkland's, the Happy Easter banner is from Target, and we made the wreath in Branson during a snowstorm.

-The following weekend, we had some last minute visitors from Oklahoma. My friend, and co-worker from JCPenney Salon and her two daughters came. We had so much fun and I'm so glad they decided to make the trip. We did a photography shoot, played darts, went bowling, saw the movie "Divergent" (it is so so good, by the way), had a campfire and roasted s'mores and hot dogs, and toured the town.




-Later that same day, we had our second set of visitors. My great friend from college, Laura and her husband came to visit during their Spring Break. They went trout fishing while we were at work, then we hung out, went to dinner, and caught up on life when we got home from work. The next day, we went on an antiquing adventure. She loves to antique and has the cutest taste and ideas. She is my kind of shopping partner. I loved having them in town. We don't get to see each other very often so it was really nice & we had a lot of fun!!



-Our visitors left on Tuesday afternoon & on Thursday after work, we headed to Tulsa, OK to surprise my best friend. Little did she know, we had this trip planned for over 6 months. It was so hard to keep it a secret from her. We surprised her at lunch and got to have lunch with her parents too! That night, we went to the Lady Antebellum concert. She had been telling her husband she wanted to go for so long now. He called us and asked if we would like to join in on the surprise. Of course, we were in. She had absolutely no clue and thought they were in Tulsa for a soccer tournament. It was seriously the best weekend. We had so much fun, the concert was amazing, and we were with the greatest company. We were also able to stay with Aaron's parents for the rest of the weekend so we killed two birds with one stone.

The video of me surprising Alli. Can you tell she was completely confused and shocked? That was for sure an Alli reaction/response, haha. It took her a good 5 minutes to figure out what was really going on. 



We are looking forward to more fun things planned in April & I promise to be a better blogger about those things. I'm off to catch up on laundry, unpacking, grocery shopping, & then a maternity shoot this afternoon in this perfect weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment