Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Birthday & Easter!!


I had the best birthday and Easter weekend. It was spent with my favorite people in the entire world.

Aaron didn't tell me what he had planned for my birthday, but I knew we would do something. I figured we would probably drive 30mins and go to dinner and a movie, but to my surprise, I got home from work and I could smell that he had made dinner. It was all packaged up in our picnic basket with our picnic blanket. He surprised me with a picnic for 3 (me, him & the dog) and a long walk around the spring. Perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better evening. Exactly my kind of date night. Afterwards, we went to our neighbors Easter Eggstravaganza and hung out with some friends and their kids.

 Love these boys so much! They mean the world to me.
Our picnic consisted of grilled chicken pasta salad, potato salad, grapes, wine, and a cookie cake. YUM!

We left Friday after work to go my hometown and stay the weekend with my family. It was the perfect weekend, but way too short. We woke up Saturday morning, had a wonderful breakfast on the patio, took the dogs on a long walk, then we met up with almost all of my dad's side of the family at a local park and hunted Easter eggs and hung out all day. The weather was gorgeous and we pretty much had the park all to ourselves. My dad's family came in from out of town so it was great to spend some time with them.
 On our morning walk around the wilderness.
These cousin pups love playing together!
An intense game of peanuckle. We also played dodge ball & wall ball. It's been a while since I've played those games and I forgot how much fun they are.
  
 We also had pillow case races. They are too cute. The little ones did the best.
The adults had to get in on the action and accept the challenge. Husbands VS. wives. It was a close race.

 Cuties!
All the great grandchildren.
 Almost the whole gang.

After the park, we went to Rudy's BBQ for dinner then back to my parents house to watch the Thunder game.

Sunday morning we woke up, went to church (which was amazing....Easter is by far my most favorite Sunday of the year), had brunch at a local restaurant, and then we went to see the movie God's Not Dead. If you haven't seen it, GO!! Great movie! After the movie, we loaded up our stuff and headed back home. It's so hard to leave every time we go back home and each time we do it we always wish we were WAY CLOSER!
Love my siblings!
My family with my Me-Ma at brunch with the creepy Easter bunny.

Happy Easter from us!!

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday special. The calls, texts, messages, cards, and gifts were greatly appreciated and made my day. I am so very lucky to have you all in my life.

I am so excited about my newest purchase for the house. It is my birthday present to myself and I'm in love.

I found it at a flea market in the local area for a really good price. My goal is to find 3 parson chairs for the ends and one side of the table and then a rustic bench for the other side. I got lucky this evening and found two parson chairs for $25 on a Facebook online yard sale page. I'm going to buy them and have them recovered in a cute fabric. It's just too good of a price not to. I will be selling my old kitchen table and 6 chairs if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment