Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, November 20, 2014

$9 DIY Wood Pallet Marquee Letter



You guys, this project is so simple and easy and it costs $9.


Here's what you will need:
-Small wood pallet: $7.99 at Hobby Lobby (it was 50% off so I paid $3.99)
-White paint (already had at home)
-Wooden letter: $1.50 at Hobby Lobby
-Glue sticks & glue gun (already had at home)
-Drill (already had at home)
-Battery operated LED lights: $5.99 at Hobby Lobby (I used a 40% off coupon so they were $3.60)

 Here is the small wood pallet before I did anything to it.
 Start by painting your wooden letter white (or whatever color you prefer.)
 Mix water and white paint in a 2:1 ration. Ex: if you use 1oz. paint use 2oz. water. I just kind of eyeballed it. Next paint the pallet and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it with a rag. This just barely gives it a whitewashed look. You could skip this step if you wanted.
 Hot glue the D on the wood. I sanded the D a little bit to give it a more distressed look.
 Next, I had my husband drill holes through the letter and the pallet. I just marked dots where I wanted them so he knew where to drill.  This is what the back will look like. This little box is perfect because it hides all the cords and battery pack.
 Stick the LED lights into the holes through the back. I had to secure mine with a little bit of hot glue so they would stay nice and tight.
 Turn on your lights and enjoy! The light strand can be set to steady or you can set them on a twinkling pattern.
We are going to put it on a shelf in our bedroom once it's all finished.

And here's a sneak peek of our bedroom in the process. I've painted all the walls and I'm currently finishing up the last half of the woodwork. Hoping to have it all finished in the next week or so. Ignore the mess, I didn't have much space to store all my stuff that was in the room while I was painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment