Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, December 1, 2014

Our Thanksgiving 2014



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Since I'm between jobs and Aaron had the entire week off, we were able to spend all week together and it was WONDERFUL! We got to stay with both of our families for a few days and that was really nice.


I spent the weekend before Thanksgiving in Arkansas visiting my friend Caitlin and her family. Her oldest son turned two and I had so much fun celebrating him and catching up with Caitlin. She did an awesome job on his Mickey Mouse themed party. There was not a detail left untouched.







Tuesday, I woke up and cleaned the entire house so that we could come home to a clean house after the holiday. Nothing quite like coming home to a clean house and clean sheets. It just puts me in a much happier mood than coming home to a mess. I was also able to finish our bedroom. We have a few small things left to hang on the walls and I'm waiting on some pillows I ordered before I share before & after pics, but I'll leave you with this sneak peek.

Tuesday afternoon we headed to my parent's house. We had dinner with my family and went to see Mockingjay part 1. I thought it was pretty good and I can't wait for the second one.

Wednesday morning I had two photo sessions with my childhood best friends. Afterwards, I got to have breakfast with my friend Rachel and her husband. They were in town from Nashville so it was great to catch up with them. Let me just say, my friends are gorgeous and so photogenic. They made my job super easy and fun. 








I also got to do some hair on Wednesday and catch up with my friend, Vern who I haven't seen since our wedding. She just had a baby and it was my first time visiting sweet baby Luke. He was absolutely precious!
I'm taking her family pictures this weekend and I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Thanksgiving day we went to my grandpa's house and spent the day with my mom's side of the family. We ate, played games, went through old pictures, helped my grandpa cut down a tree that fell, and of course....sang songs. 
 Me and my beautiful momma.
 So thankful for my family.
My almost 90 year old grandpa. He's a hoot!

Friday, I had two more photo sessions. I got to take maternity pictures for my brother's friend and his wife. I also took family pictures for one of my mom's friends.






Friday afternoon we headed to Aaron's parent's house for the rest of the weekend. It was so nice because I finally got to relax when we got there. We had lunch on Saturday with his family. I made my first pumpkin pie...it didn't quite look right, but it tasted good. 

Saturday evening we went and played tennis. Samson came along and had a blast. He LOVES playing tennis and he fetches all the tennis balls so we have a make shift ball boy which is really nice. We had a wonderful relaxing weekend with Aaron's family and he was able to do some hunting with his brother so that was great. 

I had a very productive Dec. 1st. I woke up this morning, lit some Christmas candles, turned on Christmas music and got all our Christmas decorations up. I also got all my Christmas cards addressed and sent out Christmas party invitations. Now we're all snuggled up by the fire (our propane wall heater haha) and Christmas tree watching the Voice. My idea of a perfect day!


Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! 
I will be in hibernation all week, editing pictures to get them out in time for Christmas cards...oh and job searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment