Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Shenanigans!


December is always a crazy busy month, filled with fun holiday festivities and seeing lots of family and friends. I love every minute of it, but I must admit, I get excited for January when everything slows down and you can enjoy some peace and quiet time snuggled in at home.

I have gone back to my home town every single weekend in December for one reason or another and I'm looking forward to a weekend at home with no plans. However, December has been a really fun month.

The first weekend in December I went back home for a photo shoot with one of my sweet friends. Friday evening I got to meet up with another friend to have drinks and catch up. Saturday, I went to the OU/OSU football game with my best friend. Sunday, I went to church with my parents, watched my cousin Parker play soccer, and had lunch with my cousin and her family. It was a wonderful weekend.

This past weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday with dinner and a movie on Friday night. Saturday, I hosted our annual Christmas party with my high school friends. It was such a blast. Sunday, I went to church with my parents then had lunch with my mom and aunt. After lunch, we saw White Christmas in the theater. It was my first time seeing White Christmas and I loved it!
  Love these girls
 And the boys too
The whole crazy group

We ate food, played Christmas Trivia, Head's Up & Dirty Santa. It was an intense game of Head's Up...boys vs. girls. I'm proud to say the girls won!!

They were so serious and hilarious to watch.
At our party a few years ago, I brought these mustache stickers as part of my dirty santa gift. The girls thought it would be funny to take a serious picture with them on and it's one of my favorite pics. This year, my best friend and I were shopping at TJMAXX and we came upon these hilarious drinking face coasters. There are 40 different hilarious faces and you hang them from your nose. They were very entertaining and we managed to get a similar photo in them. If you're friends with me on Facebook, I'm sorry if you're really tired of seeing these coasters. I can't promise they won't show up one more time during our family Christmas. They're just too fun!

This weekend we will be celebrating my mom's birthday with dinner and tickets to the NCAA Volleyball Championship Game. I'm excited to watch some good volleyball. I'm also doing a photoshoot for my friend that just had a precious little girl. I can't wait to meet her. Sunday, we will be going to spend the day with our friend that moved to OK from Mammoth Spring.  

Next week we'll be traveling to visit Aaron's family for a few days for Christmas and then on to my parent's house to spend Christmas with my mom's side of the family. 

I'm excited to say that I've bought all but two Christmas presents and they're all wrapped. I'm also working on editing my last two photo sessions so I'll be caught up on that as well after Christmas. 

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and remember Jesus is the reason for the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment