Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, September 14, 2015

Camping Trip & A Wedding!

 
The last two weekends have been so much fun. Over Labor Day weekend we went on a 4 day, 3 night camping trip to Lake Tenkiller in Tahlequah with a group of friends. It was hot and humid, but that didn't stop us from having fun!
 
We camped with my friend Stephanie and her boyfriend, my brother and his wife, and the soon-to-be newlyweds Nick and Paige.
 
On Saturday, I got to play in a 6-on-6 grass volleyball tournament with our friend Kyle's team. It was so much fun and made me miss volleyball so much and now I have the itch to play again. The team I played on was AMAZING...they made me look like I never played past middle school...YIKES. We won every game and ended up winning the tournament!
 
After the tournament we went back to the campsite and swam with everyone and tried to listen to the OU game. Aaron made us burgers and homemade French fries for dinner, then we made a campfire on a cliff right by the lake and sat in our lawn chairs and ate s'mores and told stories.
 
Sunday morning we woke up to an amazing breakfast prepared by Chef Steph. She made Chorizo and egg breakfast burritos complete with cheese, peppers, onions, and avocados...talk about yum! You definitely get spoiled when you camp with Steph. It's not your typical camping food. Sunday afternoon my Uncle Pete picked us up in his boat and took us for a ride. We swam, jumped off cliffs and rope swings, did some fishing, and enjoyed the lake. Thanks Pete for taking us out! Sunday evening we had beans, hot dogs, sausage, homemade fried okra, grilled corn and homemade dutch oven blackberry cobbler....yummers!
 
Monday morning we woke up early and Pete took us on a nice little fishing trip. We all caught a bunch of fish. I caught three in one day which was a record for me so of course I was loving it!
 
It was a wonderful outdoorsy weekend getaway with great friends!
I completely failed at taking pictures so this one will have to do.
 
This past weekend we celebrated the marriage of Nick & Paige in Tulsa. It was seriously the most fun wedding we've ever been to. We had way too much fun dancing the entire night. You know it was a fun wedding when my husband gets on the dance floor....and it wasn't to two step. I was so shocked and laughing so hard because it was totally out of character for Aaron, but I was loving it! After the wedding, everyone stayed in cabins at the resort and continued the celebration with the bride & groom until the wee hours of the night.
 
The wedding was gorgeous....the weather was perfect, the view was perfect, the bride looked perfect...we are just so excited for Nick & Paige! Here are a few pics from the night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've got the day off so I'm headed to unpack, clean the house, and put up my fall decorations...YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment