Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Saturday, November 21, 2015

Let's Talk About Hair....My Current Must Have Products!

 
Since I sell hair and beauty products for a living, I thought I should share some of my current favorite products. It's funny because I used to despise using product in my hair. I washed my hair everyday, wore it board straight everyday, and I loved for it to feel like silk. Don't get me wrong, I still love for my hair to feel and look soft and silky, but I've changed my hair regimen up quite a bit over the years. I use a ridiculous amount of different products on my hair everyday and I couldn't style my hair without them. Obviously since my job is to sell these products to hairstylists, I want to try as many of them as I can on myself so I can give them my honest opinion and review of it. If you saw how many different products I had in my bathroom cabinet, you would probably faint. I've got it coming out of my ears. I've recently had a bunch of questions from friends and family about what products I would recommend for their hair so I thought it would be the perfect time to share some favorites on the blog!
 
Let me give you a background on my weekly hair regimen. I wash my hair once a week now. Yeah, I know what you're thinking...gross, or I can't do that my hair is too fine/oily, or I workout everyday, etc. Well, I have very fine, straight blonde hair and I workout at least three times a week. Here's how I do it.
 
I use all different kinds of shampoo and conditioner. Usually whatever is in my stash at the time. Currently I'm using Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner, which has always been a favorite of mine.
 
 
After I wash, I apply a small amount of Lanza Healing Oil. I just started using this stuff and you guys, I'm obsessed. It smells amazing, a little bit goes a long way, and it makes my hair feel so good. My Wet Brush slides right through my hair when I use it.
 
 
In case you're not familiar with the Wet Brush...it's a brush that you can use on wet hair and it's great for detangling. You can also use it in dry hair.
I also always use a spray leave-in treatment and Redken's One United is my current favorite. It smells so good, it helps me get a brush through my hair, it smooths/shines/protects, and has 25 total benefits. It's a great product and I highly recommend it.
 
After I've put the oil and spray in my hair I blow dry it upside down for added volume. I typically don't straighten my hair. I will use large Velcro rollers or just smooth the ends with oil and go. I will usually wear my hair straight for the next few days. If you see my hair straight, you can pretty well bet it's fairly clean, haha.
 
Usually on the third day I'm in need of some dry shampoo to freshen up my hair and soak up the oil in my roots.
This is by far my favorite dry shampoo. It soaks up all the oil, has a nice light fragrance, and doesn't leave any white powdery residue. It doesn't make my hair look gray or dull. One of my biggest complaints about dry shampoo is that they smell too strong and it's obvious you just sprayed a bunch of dry shampoo. This stuff does not smell overpowering. I also love that they make it for brunettes as well. You should definitely try it! If you don't know how to use a dry shampoo, it's super easy. Spray it in at the root where you look/feel oily. Let it sit for about 2-5 mins and then just brush through your hair. It is also great for adding volume and texture.
 
After day 3 I usually wear my hair curly for the rest of the week. I will wake up every morning and my hair will look like a rat's nest. I just spray some dry shampoo, brush through it, and curl it with a wand or a curling iron. It takes all of 10 minutes.
 
When I wear it curly, I like to use hairspray.
These two are my current favorites. They are both a firm hold, but they don't leave the hair feeling sticky/crunchy/hard. They are workable, but hold the curl.  And of course, they both smell fabulous!
 Redken Triple Take 32
Matrix Style Fixer
 
Usually on the last few days of the week, I will try and get creative and wear my hair up in some fashion. I will usually do a braid and messy bun, or wear it half up, etc. That's when you know I'm due for a hair washing hah.
 
Recently, I've been using a hair perfume on the regular. There are quite a few brands that we carry that have recently come out with hair perfumes. 12 Benefits, Label M, and Lanza are some of them. I have used the 12 Benefits and I really liked it, but my new favorite is the Lanza Hair Perfume. It seriously smells like heaven. I want to bathe in it.
I use the hair perfume right before I leave the house in the mornings and throughout the day as needed, or after a workout if I'm going somewhere afterwards. You guys need this stuff. You will be obsessed!!
 
Obviously there are a million hair products out there and it's extremely hard to keep up and try them all. These are the products I use on a regular basis, but they are constantly evolving and changing as new products come out. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Everyone's hair is different so I may suggest different products for your hair. And always remember, buy your hair products from a salon or licensed professional, not from diverters or places like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. You never know what you'll get from them.
 
Stay tuned for my favorite beauty/make-up products next! Have a great weekend and thanks for reading. You guys are the best!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. If my stylist doesn't have these, is there a way to find out who does other than calling them all?

    ReplyDelete