Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Way Back Wednesday- College Volleyball Days!

I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane to my college volleyball days. During my freshman and sophomore years of college I played volleyball at the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith. It was one of the best decisions of my life to move to Fort Smith, Arkansas and attend college there....I absolutely loved it! The first two years of college I was a member of the volleyball team and the last two years I was a member of the pom squad. I miss them both a lot! I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to play a collegiate sport. Although it was very hard at times, it was also a lot of fun and I met so many awesome friends. I wouldn't trade those times for anything. We used to report to Arkansas a month before school started for "three-a-days." That was typically the worst two weeks of my life....I dreaded waking up everyday. During season we would practice every morning from 6:00-8:00, go straight to class, and then workout (lift or condition) after lunch. Needless to say, I learned a lot about responsibility, determination, and motivation throughout those two years. It was a huge challenge to balance volleyball and school at the same time. We were always traveling so there would be times when we would only be in class 2-3 days out of the week. It was very hard to stay caught up in class. Van rides were always bittersweet. They were long, stinky, and jam packed, but we always managed to have a good time singing, dancing, and telling interesting stories. I will always cherish the memories and friendships I made with my teammates and I hope one day we can all have a reunion :)) Love and miss you girls! Sophomore year at the National Tournament.Pool party before three-a-days (sophomore year)This picture cracks me up. This was at the Howdy dance freshman year. Freshman year athletic banquetGetting pumped before a game. It was a tradition for everyone to scream and yell down the hall then jump up and hit the arch of the door before running on the court.Sophomore night.Freshman team pic. Those were the tightest, ugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

I couldn't even breathe, much less lift my arms up. I always played horrible in those jerseys, but we wore them all the time.First home game (freshman year)Short girls on the left....giants on the right.Oh how I sometimes miss the good ole days.



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment