Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Decor

When I was in college I found a really nice kitchen table in the classifieds. It was made of solid oak wood and it had a leaf and six chairs....the only thing wrong with it was the awful material on the chair covers. For the longest time, I've been meaning to recover them, but I haven't been able to decide on what fabric I like best. My mom had some red fabric that she said I could use for now just so they could be temporarily recovered. It's not what I would have picked out, but it looks SO much better than the old fabric and it matches the kitchen and is festive for Christmas. I will leave them like this until I get my own house and decide how I want it to be decorated. The chairs were super easy to recover! Here's the cushion before...YUCK!

And here it is after:
Before:After:Someday my goal is to paint the legs and chairs all black and stain the top a dark wood and add fun fabric to the cushions...we'll see!My mom bought me these fun Christmas hand towels from Pier 1. Aren't they cute? While searching for a corny Christmas sweater at a thrift store, I spotted this little jewel for $6 and I had to have it. I LOVE it!
I discovered two of my new FAVORITE wax melt scents today. My most favorite is the Scentsy Go-Go-Goji. It's an exotic blend of Chinese goji berry, sweet lotus flowers, and ripe warm dewberries. I have it burning in my room right now and I can't get enough of it. You seriously need to try it. My other favorite is Tyler Candle Co's Frosted Pomegranate...YUM!















2 comments:

  1. nice job Quinc!!!
    is there anything you can't do?
    never mind....I know the answer
    : )

    love,
    a. hopey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower. Your blog design is very cute. Hope to see you on my page :)
    http://smartandfunnyvideo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete