Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December Happenings!

This is what I'm loving about December:


1. Christmas Parties- i love love love Christmas parties. This past weekend I attended my first Christmas party of the season.....it was a work party. We ate dinner at a fun restaurant in Norman called Yumato. It's one of those restaurants where they cook the meal in front of you. I had a very good time and got lots of goodies.
My boss is amazing and super sweet and she gave everyone a bottle of Kenra Hot Spray, Kenra Root Lift, clips, and product samples. She also had a bunch of fun stuff that she gave away in a drawing. I won the drawing and got the blue biolage scissor case...it has different pockets where you can put shears, clips, combs, etc. My co-worker who drew my name got me a $20 gift card to BJ's and a cute red scarf...SAWEET! And last, but definitely not least I got a CHI for doing so well as a new stylist.....REALLY??? I was super pumped!! Did I mention I love my job, my co-workers, my clients, and especially my boss....they are all AWESOME!
These are all the wonderful ladies I work with....a few stylists were missing. Another thing that makes my job even better is that I now get to work next to one of my best friends from cosmetology school. She just started working last week and it's so great to see her beautiful face everyday (she's on the far right).

I will be hosting our annual Christmas party at my house this weekend. All my high school friends have gotten together for a Christmas party for the last 5 years or so. We all wear corny Christmas sweaters and play dirty santa....it's always my favorite party of the year because we have so much fun!

2. Aaron will be a COLLEGE GRADUATE!! This Saturday my boyfriend Aaron will be graduating from college with a degree in Environmental and Health Safety Management and a minor in Biology. I am so proud of him for completing college in 4.5 years. My parents and I will be making the trip to Tahlequah to attend his graduation and help celebrate his achievement. Aaron will be moving back to his hometown while he is searching for a job.....this means that he will be an hour and a half closer to me....YAY!!

3. Receiving Christmas cards in the mail- I love seeing all the cute Christmas cards that people come up with.....I think they're fun to look at and fun to display. I've already gotten a few so far and they are displayed on my shutter bulletin board in the kitchen.



4. Giving gifts....and let's be honest, who doesn't like receiving gifts too?? but I honestly can say that I like giving gifts just as much as receiving them, if not more. I love seeing people's reactions when you get them the perfect gift.




5. Spending time with family while making Christmas treats, playing in the snow, singing Christmas carols, and celebrating the real reason for the season, Jesus' birth!

Christmas 2009


1 comment:

  1. 1. way to go girl... you rock. I love all the products you won!!!!
    2. I want to come to the xmas party!!! :))
    3. congrats to aaron!!! That is the best feeling in the world!!!

    Hope all is well!! :)

    ps. LOOOOVED my moms last hair cut.... you did awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete