Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, November 12, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend- Recap

My 5 day weekend was AWESOME. I wish I could go back and do it all again. I'm already missing Aaron, but I will get to see him in 9 days for Thanksgiving at his house in Arkansas!  Here's a recap of all the fun things we did this weekend.
 
-I drove to Tahlequah early enough to fit in a dinner with my cousin, Blondell before Aaron got into town. We had a wonderful Mexican dinner and talked about weddings, but more importantly, we talked a lot about marriage. It was so good to see her and she gave me some great marriage advice. A big thanks to my cousin for graciously letting us stay at her lake house.
 
-On Friday, Aaron and I drove to Tulsa to register for our wedding. We registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Target. It went sooooo much smoother than I expected. Aaron and I agreed on pretty much everything and we had a lot of fun doing it. It took us 3 hours at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I'll admit, I was quite overwhelmed at first. There is so much to look at and I didn't know what anything was because I don't cook. Thankfully, Aaron picked out all the kitchen gadgets and let me pick out all the decorations and bedding :)
On our way to register. We were very excited!
Picking out napkin rings. Aaron wasn't quite sure why we needed napkin rings...and he really wasn't sure why we needed to document it with pictures.
 
- Friday night we went to Valerie and Josh's wedding rehearsal. Afterwards, we had dinner with friends at Red Lobster and then we all went back to the lake house and hung out and stayed up talking until about 2:00am. It was fun to hang out with the groom-to-be on his last night as a single man and it was really cute when it finally hit him that he was getting married in the morning. He was so excited and happy!
 The soon-to-be newlyweds.
 Clearly they weren't paying attention. Typical boys.
His last night as a single man....he was excited!
 
-Saturday we attended the wedding. Aaron was a groomsman and I did the photography. Here are a few sneak peeks. I've got my work cut out for me in editing so that's what I'll be doing in my spare time for the next few days.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-After the wedding we went to dinner with Aaron's family and then we headed to his parents house to spend the rest of the weekend. We went to church on Sunday morning and went duck hunting on Sunday afternoon. It was my first time to duck hunt and it was so much fun. Much more entertaining and exciting than deer hunting. I didn't have to sit still and stay quiet the whole time. It did make me sad when they shot the ducks, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.
 
 Can you see me?

 

-I headed back home today after lunch and I'm already counting down the days until Thanksgiving. It was such a great weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it.
 
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so ready for Thanksgiving too!! Looks like a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete