Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent the last two days in Arkansas with Aaron and his family celebrating the holiday. I had a wonderful trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is how short the trip was. I left on Wednesday morning at 5:30am to drive up there and headed home Thursday afternoon at 3:00pm. Totally worth it though!
 
When Aaron got off work on Wednesday, we went fishing. I guess I should say the boys went fishing and his mom and I took pictures, talked, and supervised. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice to be outside enjoying the weather.
 Cheesin' it. They love when I bring the camera around ;)
Brothers
 Aaron fly fishing
 Check out Aaron's older brother's amazing beard. I think it's awesome!
Brian's got the right idea. That's my kind of fishing.
 Aaron's trout
 Brian's trout....of course it was a competition to see which one was bigger. Close call.
Brian caught a massive crawdad. Creepy.
 
After fishing, we all went to dinner at a restaurant on the river. When we got home from dinner I went crazy and put up all the Christmas decorations I brought from home. I wanted to make sure Aaron got in the Christmas spirit while he was living all alone in his little house.
 The pretty little tree. I've gotten a lot of good use out of this little tree that I bought while in college.
 We don't have a fireplace so we had to improvise. I bought these stockings and stocking holders at Hobby Lobby this year for 50%. They ended up being $5 a piece. Couldn't pass that up.
 I went a little overboard on Christmas decorations that I found at garage sales this year. Remember these old ceramic trees? My mom said they're from way back in the day. I've never seen them before but I bought two of them for $2 a piece.
 I also got this tree from a garage sale for under $5.
 I made this wreath for the door out of tulle, Styrofoam, paint, ribbon, and a wooden letter.
I love it!
 Of course we can't forget the window decorations. I bought the candy cane and reindeer at a garage sale for $0.50 a piece.
 
 This is my favorite decoration! My best friend's mom, Darla gave this to us as an engagement gift. I absolutely love it. It has our names and the day we got engaged on the back. It was so sweet of her to think of us and give us a special gift. It is front and center on our tree and it will always be a very special ornament! Thanks Darla.
 
We woke up this morning and Aaron's mom cooked, I washed the dishes as she cooked, and the boys watched a movie and some football. We ate a delicious Thanksgiving meal and relaxed on the couch afterwards. I fell asleep while watching football and when I woke up, it was time for me to leave already :( It's always so hard to go. I was on the road for about two hours and I got a text from Aaron saying, "come back." Breaks my heart every time. Can't wait for the day when I get to stay for good :)
 
Wow, long post. Sorry! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with yummy food and great fellowship! Thank you Lord for giving me a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment