Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It- #8

I am extremely excited to share my Pinterest project for this week's Saw It, Pinned It, Did It with the fabulous hostesses Katie & Stephanie!

It is yet another wedding project...imagine that ;) Now that almost all of our Save the Dates have been sent out, I can finally share them on my blog.
 
So here's a little background. My fiance has loved to fish ever since he was very young. When I first met him, he told me that when he grew up, his dream job would be raising fish at a trout hatchery....and that's exactly what he's doing.

A few years ago, my best friend and MOH received a Save the Date from a friend that said "We're hooked" on it and had some sort of picture on the front. She made sure to show it to me because it reminded her of something Aaron and I would do. Fast forward to about a year ago, way before I was engaged....she sends me a Facebook message of this picture because she thought it was really cute and looked like us.

So here was my Pinspiration:
Pinned Image
source: weddingwire.com

I knew when we got engaged that I wanted to incorporate something that represented Aaron and his love for fishing and hunting into some aspect of the wedding. My other option was to do something that said "he took a shot and she said yes", or "now the hunt is over", but I thought that might have been a little too much. I definitely liked the fishing idea better...especially since Aaron's career is centered around fish.

So without further ado, here is my version:

The front of the postcard
The back of the postcard...edited for safety reasons

I thought the "Two less fish in the sea" was fitting because back when Aaron and I celebrated our first anniversary together, I made him a cake that said "Of all the fish in the sea, I'm so glad you chose me".
Here is the cake. Don't laugh, it's not my best creation ever.
 
A big thanks to YellowBrick Graphics on Etsy for making my idea come to life. They did an awesome job and it turned out exactly how I envisioned. Plus, you can't beat the $15 price tag. I then took the PDF file to Office Depot and had them printed there for a very reasonable price. I highly recommend them if you need invitations or stationary.
 
Can't wait to see all the creations from the link-up.
What would we do without Pinterest?
 











5 comments:

  1. So cute girl! This is so cute :) very creative too of course!

    thanks for linking up today

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like the cutest thing ever! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLD THE PHONE...that is THE cutest picture EVER!!! I love that you re-created it and the little saying is too cute for words!! Thanks for linking up with us doll!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable. Congratulations on the engagement as well.

    ReplyDelete