Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It- #10

 
You just thought I was going to skip out on this week's SPD......
.....It's called I wanted to be the last one to post today, or you could call it procrastination. I didn't start on my project until 1:30pm today...OOPS! At least I still did it, right?
Go check out Stephanie and Katie's blogs to see all the other wonderful projects!
 
I wanted to create some artwork for the kitchen in Aaron's house (my future house). I'm going up there for Valentine's day and my goal is to unpack all my kitchen boxes and get everything in order and hung on the walls. I think these two projects will add a lovely touch to the kitchen. I went with black and white because the kitchen tile is black and white checkered (my favorite part of the house).
 
Here is my Pinspiration:
 
 
And here is my version:

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I outlined the Chevron pattern with a gold leaf paint pen.
The trick to the Chevron is cutting out a pattern with paper and then tracing it with a pencil on to the letters......but the real trick is using Frog Tape to tape off the lines. It works like magic!
 
Here is my other Pinspiration:
source:http://pinningkatherine.posterous.com/
 
And here is my version:

It's hard to read in the picture, but in person you can read it perfectly. I had trouble finding a way to photograph it well. I LOVE this quote/prayer and I knew when I saw it on Pinterest that I had to re-make it for our dining room.
 
Once I get it all decorated next month, I'll post pictures for you to see.
 

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are so so so cute & I'm stealing both of them :)
    new follower from the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete