Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Let's Talk About My New Favorite Nail Polish!


One of my very favorite things about reading other blogs is discovering new products. It can be a very dangerous thing to a bank account, but I've found some really great products that I love through blogging. This particular brand of nail polish, I read about on a blog and the next time I ran to State Beauty Supply I bought it. I can honestly say, it's the best nail polish I've ever used and I will probably never buy another brand....and no this post is not sponsored, just my true opinion.

So here's a little bit about the CND Vinylux nail polish:
- It's supposed to last a week.
- It doesn't require a base coat.
-The longer it is exposed to light, the firmer and stronger it becomes.
- You only apply two coats of polish and one coat of top coat. I believe the top coat is the trick.
- It is super shiny, goes on so smoothly, and produces a thick, rich color. Both colors I've tried, I could have gotten away with only one coat, but I followed the instructions instead to make sure it worked.
- After just applying one coat of color, I could tell this was the best nail polish I've ever used.
-It can be removed just like regular nail polish and it doesn't make your nails brittle and weak. Usually when I paint my nails, the ends will start chipping and peeling...not with this stuff.
- It dries really fast. The only downfall is that it doesn't dry instantly like gel/shellac polish.

When the gel/shellac nail polish first came out, I was hooked on it. I would go pay $30 to get my nails done and I loved the way they looked and felt. Being a hairstylist, with my hands in a shampoo bowl all the time, they didn't really last up to 2 weeks. I also hated the way my nails felt when I took them off. It would almost take another 2 weeks to nurse my nails back to health. Eventually, I got over it and hated paying the $30 so I bought my own kit and did them myself for a while. Then, I just decided for the sake of my nails, I should only get the shellac done for special occasions. Now, I'm totally over the shellac and I haven't done them since Oct. 

Okay, now that I've ranted and raved over this stuff, here are my results:
 The name of this color is Hollywood. I'm a sucker for bright red nails.

 As you can see, on day six, it barely started coming off on the ends of my nails.
 It's amazing to me that on day eight my nails still looked this good. That never happens with regular nail polish. It's usually half way peeled off by day two. Throughout the week, I cooked, did multiple dishes, used a hot glue gun and picked hot glue off my nails, cleaned out my car, etc. I did not go easy on my nails by any means. I could have very easily clipped the ends of my nails and worn this color for another week, but I was too excited to try my other color. It was very easy taking the color off with nail polish remover and the red didn't stain my nails. I was a little worried about that without a base coat.
I painted my nails this morning with a color called Cake Pop. I love it!!

The top coat is pictured in the middle. Like I said, I think it is key in the whole process so don't go without.

These are the different colors they carry so they have a pretty wide selection so far. It was a bad deal that I discovered this polish because I'm going to buy a new color a month and build my collection.

There is one bad thing about it.....I've heard that it is not available to the public yet. Although, I have seen a few colors sold on Amazon. I'm thankful that I have my cosmetology license and can shop at State Beauty. It is very reasonably priced. It retails for about $8.50....about the same as OPI, Essie, etc. If you're a friend, and interested in trying some, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment