I'm sure you've all heard the raves about how amazing coconut oil is by now. I've been reading about it on blogs and hearing about it for so long, but I was very leery to jump on the bandwagon because my skin is already plenty oily. Honestly, I was afraid that putting any more oil on my skin was going to break it out. There are so many uses for it, it really is incredible. A lot of my pregnant friends have used it to prevent stretch marks and they said it worked wonders.
The pharmacy I work at started carrying it and all the girls at work were buying it up.
We would get multiple jars a day and they would be gone so fast. I decided since they all loved it so much, that I should at least give it a try...and boy, am I glad I did. I absolutely LOVE it and I will never be without it again.
Here are a few of the things I've used it for:
- Eye make-up remover. It works wonders getting eye make-up off, without all the harsh chemicals.
- Shaving my legs. It is supposed to be great for shaving your legs and it really is. It is supposed to reduce the size of your pores after shaving and help prevent razor burn.
- I apply it all over my body as a lotion after I get out of the shower. Yes, you are a little greasy for a while, but it hasn't bothered me one bit.
- I apply it around my eyes every night as an eye cream. It is supposed to be really good for dark circles, bags under the eyes, and wrinkles. I can tell that it helps my bags and dark circles for sure.
-I also apply it to my hands and lips before bed. Keeps them both soft and smooth.
- It can also be used as a hair conditioning mask. You just have to make sure you rinse it really good afterwards.
- I put it on any breakouts and it reduces the size and redness over night. It is amazing how much faster it will heal. Since using it on my face, I can tell a huge difference in my skin and complexion. It has helped reduce redness and acne scars and I feel like my face is a lot more bearable to look at without makeup.
There are a million different brands of coconut oil and a million different uses. You can research all the different uses on Pinterest. This is the brand we carry at my work and I love it. I've heard this brand smells a lot better than some. It smells like you just opened up a coconut....heavenly! It also makes you wish you were eating a coconut.
Seriously, if you haven't tried coconut oil, go get some now!! You can thank me later :)