Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The World's Greatest Foundation- Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder


You can thank me later for this post because if you go buy this powder, you will be forever changed and I promise you won't use another foundation again. It's seriously that good.

I heard about this product through the blogging community. I saw about 4,000 posts about how amazing this stuff was. They claimed it was 3x better than Bare Mineral's face powder. I'm super picky about my foundation and that's one thing I'm okay with spending my money on. Previously, you could find me wearing Bare Mineral's, MAC, or Arbonne foundations. I still think all three of those make great products, but this one trumps them all.

The price is a little more than I typically pay, but it is worth every bit of $36 dollars.

Here's why I love the product so much:
1. It's light-weight, but provides full coverage. You don't feel like you have anything on and it goes on super smoothly, almost like an airbrushed finish....and if you have any blemishes it covers very good!
2. It looks super natural and matches my skin tone perfectly.
3. It does not make my face oily, but it doesn't dry out my skin either. It has the perfect amount of sheen.
4. It stays on all day, even if you sweat (like me!). If you wipe your face with a towel, it doesn't even budge.
5. It doesn't make my face breakout, it actually has helped it stay clearer.
6. I can tell it will last forever. A little bit goes a long way and they give you a good amount of powder in the container.
7. It's not messy like other powder foundations. The packaging is great because it has a mesh net that you dip your brush into, instead of having to tip the container into your lid and use it that way. It's also in the shape of a bowl so it helps keep the powder from spilling over the sides.
 There is also a special kabuki brush that is supposed to really help work the powder in and make it appear more like an airbrushed finish. I didn't buy the brush because it was too high and I already had something similar, but I've read the brush really does make a difference. I'm satisfied with my results without their brush.
 
You can buy it at Ulta, Sephora, Amazon, Tarte's website, and I've also heard QVC had a really good deal where you could get the brush and foundation for the price of one...too bad I didn't call my Me-ma about that one. She is the QVC queen!

I hope you guys try this stuff and like it as much as I do. I promise you won't be disappointed. It is worth every penny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment