Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mammoth Spring Trip

 
This past weekend we took a short, but very sweet weekend trip to Mammoth Spring. It's crazy to think that it's almost been a year since we moved away. Almost exactly this time last year during our family reunion was when Aaron got the call for an interview back home. It's amazing just how much things can change in a year. We promised ourselves when we moved from Mammoth that we would come back in the summer to visit.
 
We left Thursday after work and arrived around 3am. That's definitely one thing we don't miss....the 8.5 hour drive. We did that drive so many times while we lived there. Aaron woke up early Thursday morning and went to his previous workplace to visit and say hi to his co-workers. You know he must miss them when he goes to bed at 3am and wakes up at 7:30am to go see them. I was enjoying my vacation and I slept in :) We met back up around lunch time and went to my previous workplace for a delicious lunch and to say hi to everyone there. After lunch we did a little bit of shopping, relaxed, and took a walk around the spring for old times sake. We definitely wished Samson would have been with us. He would be so jealous if he knew we went without him.
A selfie at the spring.
 
Friday night we met up with this dude and his mamma and had dinner at Fred's Fish House. That was a requirement of Aarons.
 
After dinner, we went to a get together at our friend's house. We sat outside and watched all the kiddos play while the adults got to catch up.
I adore these mammas and their precious children. When I first moved to Mammoth a few of these girls had just found out they were pregnant. They're going to have a fun group when they all start school!
 
Saturday we went to the fishing derby at Aaron's old work. It was great to see all of Aaron's co-workers and Aaron loved getting to help out with the event.
Look at these adorable babies. Have you ever seen an Albino deer? Me neither. They were so sweet.
 
Saturday afternoon we went down to the river. I attempted to float around in my inner tube and get some sun, but the rain quickly ruined that idea :(
 
Saturday night I went to a girl's night get together with my co-workers. One of my co-workers hosted it at her house and she had a delicious spread of food. We sat on her back deck by her pool and watched the sun set, had food & drinks, and girl talk. It was perfect! They also surprised me with a favorite things party. I hosted one for Christmas when I lived there so it was really sweet of them to do that. They even brought my favorite thing (succulents, they know me all too well) for me to exchange with everyone. They are the best and I loved every minute of it!
 
And of course we drove by our old house and reminisced on all the great memories made there. Coming back made us both miss it so much and we can't wait until our next trip back. We both agreed that the next time we come back it will be for a much longer trip.
 
We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to hang out with us. We loved getting to see each and every one of you. We wish we could have had more time to hang out with all our friends that we didn't get to see this weekend...we missed you! Until next time Mammoth....see you in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment