Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Friday, June 5, 2015

More Recipes & A Weekend Recap!


Last weekend was a really good weekend. Aaron went out of town to attend the wedding of his friend's sister. I had to work and I had a photo shoot so I  spent the weekend with my friends and family back home.

Saturday night about 15 of my best friends from high school all went to dinner and then we went to the city to continue hanging out. It was so much fun to see everyone and catch up. The last time I saw most of them was around Christmas so we were long overdue. I completely failed and didn't get a picture on my camera to share.

Sunday I got to take this little cuties 6 month pictures. She was such a ham and cheesin' it up for the camera. I grew up with her momma so it was fun to see my friend and love on her sweet little girl.

 
Sunday afternoon I got to have lunch with my friend Katie. I haven't seen Katie since our wedding which has almost been 2 years ago. We were WAY overdue. It was so great to see Katie and her little boy. We got to catch up for a few hours and I loved every minute of it. Sometimes I feel like a terrible friend and I hate that so much time goes by without seeing some friends, but when we do see each other it feels so good to pick right back up where we left off.
I failed again and didn't take a picture with Katie, but this is an old one from the last time we were together.
 
After lunch I got to spend some quality time with my mom. I cut her hair and we worked on some crafts/gifts for a friend's baby. We had a very productive day!
 
Sunday evening, we met up with my brother and his wife and some of their friends. My cousin and her two boys also joined us at Bleu Garten in the city. It was my first time to go there. The weather was perfect and the food trucks were delicious!
 
This week I tested out a new Mix & Match Mama recipe and once again, it was a success and very simple.  
I made her Pulled Pork Sandwiches....so yummy. You can find the recipe here, you should definitely try it!

I also made a Nacho Cheese Dorito Taco Salad. I have made this recipe before. My roommate in college introduced me to this recipe and I used to LOVE it, but then I forgot all about it until I saw it come across my Pinterest page.
 The Catalina Dressing makes this salad complete. I used red kidney beans, but you could also use ranch style beans or black beans.
You can find this recipe here.

Last night Aaron and I went to the Sand Bass Festival to watch Blackhawk perform a FREE concert. It was AMAZING! You see, I am a huge Blackhawk fan. My dad used to play their CD on road trips. Eventually I heard it so much that I knew every word to every song and we would belt it out as loud as we could on the way to my mema's house. When I met Aaron he didn't know who Blackhawk was. It didn't take long for that to change and he is a pretty big fan now. Anytime Aaron hears them on the radio he will call me and make sure I'm listening because he knows they can immediately cheer me up and change my sour moods. We were so pumped when we found out they were playing a free concert close to us. I thought since they are an older band that they might have lost their signature sound, but they've definitely still got it. They far exceeded both of our expectations. Aaron was laughing the whole time because I was singing all the songs so loud and really geeking out. He said he's never in his life seen me so excited about a concert and I get really excited about all concerts. He thought at one point in time when they first got on stage that I was going to either cry or faint and to be honest with you, I probably could have cried I was so excited. I'm so glad we went and I will definitely be seeing them in concert again.
Tonight we did a whole lot of nothing besides hang out on the back patio and play a lot of fetch with this tired dude.

The sweetest boy!

We are looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. Aaron plans on doing a lot of fishing and I am hoping to get a lot of editing done. I'm finally all caught up on my Etsy orders and I've got two photo sessions left to edit before I'm all caught up...WOOHOO! We are also looking forward to a cookout with family from out of town on Sunday :) Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment