Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, June 15, 2015

The Most Eggciting Birthday Present Ever!!!


So back in April I got the best birthday present ever!! My best friend called me and asked if she could come have dinner with me on my birthday and stay the night. Of course I said yes. We met for dinner after work and had a good time catching up and talking. She had already given me a birthday gift a couple weeks before so I wasn't expecting anything else and she didn't bring anything else in with her, or so I thought. After we sat and talked for a long time she said, "okay, I have one more present for you." That's when I knew exactly what that present was!

Yup, I knew it!
The cracked egg.
This little piece of paper was rolled up inside of the egg.
 
I thought I would have cried at this moment, but I was just so stinkin' excited for my best friend that all I could do was hold my hands over my mouth with my jaw dropped and say "no way, ugh uh, seriously?" I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed for this child and I am so thrilled that God has answered those prayers. Alli and Matt are going to be the best parents to this precious baby. I cannot wait to spoil the thing rotten. I am so anxious to find out the gender because everywhere I go I just want to buy stuff for the baby. I haven't seen Alli since she told me the exciting news and I'm so anxious to see her and her little belly. I keep bugging her all the time about how it's all going, how she is feeling, what her belly looks like, begging her to send me weekly bump date pics, etc. I'm so excited for her, I can't hardly stand it. Hurry up December, I can't wait to meet this sweet little babe!
 
 There's nothing sweeter than going through every season of life with your best friend. It makes me so happy to think that back in the day we used to play with our baby dolls and dream of one day becoming a mother and now that's actually happening for Alli. By the way, we were odd children and we used to stunt our baby dolls (pictured above, haha).
We go way back!
 
They are going to make one pretty baby!!
I'm so excited the secret is finally out because it was killing me not to tell anyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment