Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Recipes!

Let me start by saying that I'm not a good cook and I don't do it very often. Therefore, one of my goals for 2012 is to experiment with new recipes and try to cook a meal a couple times a week. I've cooked more in the last few months than I ever have, but it's still not very often. Most of the recipes I've tried are ones that I found on Pinterest. They required very few ingredients and were very easy to follow. All of them turned out great....and that is an accomplishment for me. I've included pictures of the dishes made and links to the recipes if you're interested in trying them. There are many more recipes on Pinterest that I need to try and I'll keep you updated as I make them. Photo source: Recipe Bridge

Recipe from Southern Living Christmas Cookbook


Ingredients:


12 oz. uncooked ziti pasta

3 cups marinara sauce, divided


1 (8 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese , divided

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided

1 cup ricotta cheese

3 Tbsp. jarred pesto sauce


1/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper

Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add 2 cups marinara sauce, half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese, all of the ricotta cheese, pesto, and red pepper, stirring gently to blend.


2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over pasta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.


3. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.





Find recipe here.






Photo source: Pinterest



Find recipe here.








Photo source: Pinterest


Find this recipe here.


Photo source: Pinterest


Find this recipe here.


Photo source: Pinterest


Find recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment