Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015

 
I don't know about you, but Christmas came and went faster than I've ever remembered it in previous years. I still can't believe it's over and I'm dreading taking down all our decorations. That being said, we did have a wonderful Christmas spent with our favorite people!
 
The weekend before Christmas we hosted our Annual Christmas Party with my best friends from high school. Since we live 1.5 hours from everyone, we were pleased with the turnout and almost everyone stayed the night. We played games, ate a lot of food, exchanged gifts, and laughed a lot. Here are a few pics from the night:
 
 
 Get it?
 
 
 
 
 Another win for Lance with the facial hair.
 
We left Wednesday after work to head to my parent's house. When we got there Wednesday night we went to dinner for my mom's birthday and then we came back home, watched her open presents, and had a Wahoo tournament (a family tradition). 
 
On Christmas Eve we loaded up the car with my family, minus my dad, he had to work :( and headed 3 hours north east to my cousin's house to spend time with my mom's side of the family. My cousin and his family were in town from Virginia so we were so excited to get to see them!
 We missed the rest of family that wasn't able to make it!
 The crazy camo clan.
 4 generations
 Aaron loves him some Tucker...and I'd say Tucker was happy about it.
 My aunt Jan and my mom.
 Four of the six siblings with their dad.
 Mr. & Mrs. Claus
 Love them!
 Like father, like son.
 My grandpa was reading us jokes.
 He carries around a joke book in his pocket all the time.
 Sibling love.
 Papa Pete and his granddaughter. This book had a recorder in it so we had my grandpa read the pages and then we sang "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" at the end. This was Isabel listening to the recording.
 So sweet.
 The boy cousins.
 The girls eating and having girl talk.
I love all my cousins!!
 
We headed back home Christmas Eve night. When we got home we opened one Christmas present from my parents and then we watched the movie Elf (I think we all fell asleep about 30 mins into it).
Our gift was a watercolor painting of our dogs. They are so perfect and look identical to our pups. We were so surprised and it is a gift we will cherish forever. Can't wait to get it framed and up on the gallery wall.
 
We woke up Christmas morning and opened up our presents, then we had a yummy breakfast. My mom made the cinnamon roll, French toast casserole that was all over Facebook last week and man, it was so good! After we opened gifts, my Cousin Steph and her family came over to hang out. We played ping pong, The Game of Things, went for a walk and played tennis. That evening we left and headed to Aaron's parent's house.
 
When we got to Aaron's parent's house we ate their yummy Christmas snacks and played Pictionary. On Saturday morning, we woke up, ate some delicious homemade quiches, and opened our presents. Aaron's mom and brother made a delicious lunch of Cornish hens, broccoli cheese casserole, cheesy scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, and rolls. It was so delicious!
 
Saturday night we went to dinner in Tulsa and went bowling with Aaron's brothers. Then, we hung out at our friend's house and celebrated another friend's birthday. We stayed up way too late and had so much fun!

 
We left early Sunday afternoon, due to the bad weather. I had Monday off, so I stayed at my parent's house an extra night so I could visit with my best friends on Monday. My friend Rachel was in town from Tennessee so we drove to see my best friend Alli so we could get some really good baby snuggles from precious Bradley! He slept and ate the entire time and we had lots of good girl talk. He couldn't be a more perfect baby!
 
I got home late last night and now I've got two more days of work before we get back on the road to celebrate the New Year with friends!
 
Hope you all have a Happy New Year. Stay tuned for my favorite post of the year: 2015- A Year in Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment