Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, April 4, 2011

Katie's Baby Shower!

I helped host a baby shower yesterday for one of my best friends! We met in cosmetology school back when we were just juniors in high school and now we work together at the JCPenney salon. Katie is expecting a sweet baby boy named Christian in May. I'm so excited to meet baby Christian and I know Katie is going to be a wonderful mommy. It's been fun to see her everyday at work and watch her little belly grow. She has a teeny weeny belly...it's hard to believe she's 8 months pregnant. I think I've drank more ICEE's in the last 9 months than I have my entire life because she always craves them at work, but she doesn't like to walk across the mall to get one so I usually get one for both of us :)






Here's a few old school pics of us:





And here are the most recent pics from the baby shower:


The Details

The sign we made for the front door.Christian's toy boxDrinks served from mason jars with gray and white striped straws that we ordered from Etsy!Tissue poms also ordered from Etsy...what did we ever do without Etsy?The food table full of delicious treats. My friend Stephanie catered the food and she did a FABULOUS job. She made fruit salad, chicken satay, friend wontons, pimento cheese dip and crackers, and grilled vegetable bruschetta. It was delish and she saved me a ton of time and work....and no one would have eaten my food because I'm an awful cook!The homemade tabletop topiaries made from flower pots, Styrofoam balls, and tissue paper. These things were tedious to make. Thanks girls for coming over and helping with these. I enjoyed our fun craft day, even though you all probably didn't haha.The yummy cake! The shower theme was little prince!




The glowing mommy-to-be. Isn't she the cutest pregnant lady you've ever seen?

Beautiful sistersKatie and her momThe shower hostesses/cosmetology girls...thanks for all your help!All in all, I think the shower was a success. It was a fun night full of friends and family, yummy food, lots of awesome gifts, and celebration for Katie and the new life of baby Christian. I know he is going to be a HUGE blessing for her and I can't wait to witness the new season of life that she will be in. I love you KATIE!!!

1 comment: