Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Marathon Training #15!

15 weeks down, 3 more to go!!! This week was my 40 mile week....and I'm so happy to say that it's over and I ran it all! Here's what I ran: Tuesday- ran 5 miles Wednesday- ran 10 miles Thursday- ran 5 miles Monday (today)- ran 20 miles I finished the 20 mile run in just under 4 hours, which equals about a 12 minute mile pace! For me that is REALLY GOOD. I'm very satisfied with that. I ran around Lake Hefner twice and my best friend Allison rode her bike beside me the whole way. I could not have done it without her so thank you, thank you, thank you Allison! I stopped about 6 different times to get a drink of water. The weather was perfect and there really wasn't much wind at all. I was expecting it to be WAY worse. Right now, I can't really feel my body. I'm pretty sure I'll sleep HARD tonight, but I don't even want to think about how sore I will be in the morning. I also don't even want to think about having to run 6.2 more miles on top of what I ran today. Hopefully the encouragement and motivation from other runners and fans will get me through it. On a good note, I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The runs will decrease from here on out until the day of the race. I think I can pretty much handle the rest. This week I will run 4 miles Wednesday, 8 miles Thursday, 5 miles Friday, and 12 miles Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment