Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, April 4, 2011

Training Progress #13 & #14

14 weeks down, 4 more to go!! The marathon is exactly 27 days away....HOORAH!!! This is what I ran for week 13: Tuesday: ran 4 miles Wednesday: ran 9 miles Thursday: ran 5 miles Monday: ran 18 miles I ran my long run by myself this week. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I had to carry a water bottle in my hand the whole way which was annoying and made my arms sore. The weather was perfect...no wind and chilly. Every time I have a long run a cold front comes through and it makes for the perfect running weather. I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually have to run a full marathon in 90 degree weather. I might just end up fainting or passing out, hopefully not though. Week 14= FAILURE! I was supposed to run 5 miles Tuesday, 10 miles Wednesday, 5 miles Thursday, and 14 miles today. However, I only ran the 5 miles on Tuesday and have not run since....OOPS! I attribute it to my extremely busy schedule this past week. I was planning a baby shower and I went out of town twice, once to stay with Aaron and once for my cousin's baby shower. I was planning on running 14 miles on my day off today, but I think I'm going to clean house and work on some more onesies instead. That way tomorrow I can start fresh on week 15 and I won't be sore or anything. Week 15 is the furthest mileage of any week in the training schedule. I will run 5 miles Tuesday, 10 miles Wednesday, 5 miles Thursday, and 20 miles Monday. Twenty miles is the longest run I will do before actually running the 26.2 mile race. After week 15 the running slowly decreases in preparation for the big day! I hope I didn't kill myself by skipping out on a whole week. It's definitely hard to get the mind set back, but I'm ready!!!!

1 comment: