Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, April 25, 2011

Training Progress #16, #17, & #18

17 weeks down, O-N-E more to go!!! The marathon is in t-minus 6 days!!!!!

I completely failed on week 16. I didn't run a single day that week....OOPS! I was supposed to run 5 miles on Tues, 8 miles Wed, 4 miles Thurs, and 12 miles Mon. That was the week that I was super busy...I went to Dallas and then had a lot of things planned for my birthday. I figured since I ran 40 miles the week before, my body probably needed a nice little break.

I felt fabulous on Tuesday when I started my running for week 17. I ran 4 miles Tuesday, 6 miles Wednesday, and 3 miles Sat. I was supposed to run 8 miles today for my long run, but I skipped it. There was really no reason for skipping it other than the fact that I was busy doing other things and wasn't really in the mental state to go for a run. I sure hope skipping my last two long runs won't kill me!

This week (week 18) I will be running 3 miles tomorrow, 4 miles Wed, 2 miles Thurs, resting Friday and Saturday and running the race on Sunday. I can't explain to you how long I've been waiting for this day to come.....since Dec. 27th, which was 5 months ago, or 18 weeks ago. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! I'm very very anxious and ready. I'm a wee bit nervous about the weather, but other than that I'm totally ready to go! Praying for nice cool running weather with a little bit of a breeze, but not much. Hopefully no rain.

For those of you in the area and interested, you can tune in to KFOR NewsChannel 4 for live minute by minute marathon coverage from 6:00 am-10:00 am. My bib number is 2990, although it is highly unlikely that you will be able to spot me running by. Check back next week for pictures and information on how the race went!

Slow and steady wins the race,
Quincee

1 comment: