Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mema's Surprise 80th Birthday Party!

Next up, from the other side of the family, was my Mema's surprise 80th birthday party...and boy was it a surprise! My family had been planning this party for almost 4 months. We weren't sure how we were going to keep it a secret for so long, but we succeeded and my Mema was shocked. It's been at least two years since I'd seen some of my dad's side of the family. Most of us live pretty far from each other so it's hard to find a time when everyone can get together at once. We wanted to make sure we found a time that would work for everyone. What better weekend than Easter weekend right? Everyone in the family made it to the party except my cousin Brad's fiance, Jaimi. We sure missed you Jaimi! Wish you could have come. My Mema thought she was meeting my aunt and uncle and a few of my cousins for lunch and then going to watch the kids hunt Easter eggs. Little did she know, the whole family would be there to celebrate her birthday instead. There was a great turnout....approximately 55 people showed up. We served cake, cookies, and punch and had a big Easter egg hunt afterwards. It was a great weekend and it was so great to see all my family. I even got to meet one of my little cousins for the first time and he's almost two...CRAZY! Here are a few pics I took from the weekend.

Here she comes


S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!!!!


Hugs from Kinley!


Mema and her grandkids!


Mema and all of her great-grand kids. They are so precious!


My family


The whole family


Tabletop decorations!


Pretty cookies!


Kaylee and Kinley!























No comments:

Post a Comment