Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One Person's Junk Is Another One's Treasure....

My best friend and I went antique/thrift store shopping last week. We nearly spent the whole afternoon shopping. Here are a few of the treasures I found.


I found this wooden piece at a thrift store. They were asking $5 for it, but they had all their furniture marked 25% off so I got it for around $3.50....BARGAIN. From the moment I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I'm going to find baskets, similar to the picture below to put in the top two cubby holes and baskets for the bottom as well. I think it will go perfect in my craft room someday :) I'm not quite sure yet what color I'll paint the wood....any suggestions?I also found this tin bucket. It was a little bit pricier than what I would have liked to pay for it. The man wanted $20 for it. I tried to bargain with him and get it down to $15, but he wasn't having it. He said it's an antique and most people would have charged way more for it. I decided to buy it. I'm glad I did because the next antique store we went to had one almost just like it.....it was a little bit cleaner and more fixed up, but they were asking $120 for it...ridiculous if you ask me. I'm planning on using it for cold drinks at parties and showers (see picture below). At first I thought I wanted to spray paint it, but I'm really starting to like the antique look it has. I think I will just give it a good cleaning and find vinyl letters that say cold drinks....or maybe spray paint cold drinks. I also bought this picture for my boyfriend, Aaron. He loves fishing and I thought it was pretty cute/funny. I figured it would go good in a frame in his man cave someday. DISCLAIMER: none of the above things listed on the picture apply to me, other than being able to clean...YIKES! He still loves me though ;) I always show him all the treasures I find. Most of the time he thinks that I'm crazy for buying a bunch of junk, hence the title of this post. Most of the so-called "junk" that I buy he would rather not go in his house someday. He told me the other day he's going to start doing exactly what I'm doing and buy everything he sees that he likes and wants to go in his house. At least I'm trying to incorporate his taste in some of it :/































No comments:

Post a Comment