Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Silverware Starburst Mirror

I mentioned earlier that I've been wanting to make a silverware starburst mirror for a while now. Using the tutorial from here, I finally made my own. It was super easy and probably took about 20 minutes to make. The total cost of the mirror was $11....SCORE!First, I found this basket of silverware at an antique store for $5. Then, I found this round mirror from Hobby Lobby for $6.

Lastly, I used a hot glue gun to glue the silverware to the mirror. I glued the silverware directly to the back of the mirror and then glued a piece of cardboard to the back for extra hold. Not quite sure yet how I will hang it, which is why my hands are holding it up in the picture. Not real worried about figuring out a way to hang it yet, because my roommate (brother) probably won't allow it to hang on the wall anyway. He thinks it's a pretty stupid idea. I happen to LOVE it. Can't wait to hang it in my kitchen someday!









1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great! My boyfriend would probably think it's stupid. Boys don't know anything :)

    ReplyDelete