Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Let's Talk About Hair...


So I am currently in what I like to call a mid-20 crisis. I cannot decide what direction to go in my career path. Do I do hair again, or do I use my degree? Do I make less money and do what I love, or do I make more money and sit at a desk? If I were back in my hometown, I would without a doubt go back to my hairstylist job, but I'm in a new town and I don't know anyone and I would have zero clientele. I have faith that I would build a good clientele with some time, but it is still scary to me. If I decide to do hair again, do I do booth rent or go with a company that pays hourly plus commission and benefits? You see where I'm going with this. I have so many questions running through my head and there are pros and cons to all options. Working nights and every weekend didn't bother me when I was single and living 7 hours away from my fiance, but now that we're married will that bother me? Regardless, I find myself really missing hair and I've had the itch to get my hands in some hair recently.

Every time I go into a salon and get my hair done, it makes me miss it even more. The last time I got my hair done, the stylist had the best up-do book at her station and I loved looking through it. I had heard of the stylist before and I've seen her tutorials and work all over Pinterest. After looking through the book, I knew I had to have it. Thankfully, my sister-in-law bought it for me for Christmas! Ever since, I've been wanting to play with every one's hair and try out some new up-dos. 


 The book is called Elegant Upstyles for Today's Bride. The author is Steph of Hair & Makeup by Steph....she is amazing. Look her up on Pinterest.

Here are some of my up-dos that I've been meaning to share.








My sister-in-law let me try out few up-dos on her after she gave me the book. The pic on the left is my version and the pic on the right is the look I was going for from the book.

If you have beautiful hair and love getting it played with, come to my house and we can play beauty shop and experiment with some new fun hairstyles ;)

While we're on the subject of hair, I'd also like to share with you an awesome hair product called Bosley Revive. It is a shampoo/conditioner/leave-in treatment set for hair loss. My dad has been using it for about 5 months and it's amazing what it's done for him. I was shocked when I saw how well it worked for him because I honestly thought his hair was too far gone. Proved me wrong. One set lasts my dad three months and it is under $50. You'd be crazy not to try this stuff if you know it works and it's under $50 for a three month supply...CRAZY! I've got two more Guinea pigs that just started this stuff so hopefully I can give you a good progress report on their hair in the upcoming months. If you're interested in learning more, let me know, I'd love to tell you more about it.
 This is a before and after of my dad's hair.
Yes, I realize he is in need of a haircut, but the fact that he has that much hair to cut is amazing to me. Trust me I've cut my dad's hair plenty of times and I know exactly how it feels in my hands and it is so much thicker I couldn't believe it. 

So if you know my dad and you see him around, tell him how great his hair looks because he was kind enough to let me advertise it to the world on my blog :) 


1 comment:

  1. Suave, Wen, Bosley, dry shampoo... How to decide?!

    ReplyDelete