Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Honored.....

....that Sam @ The Junk House picked me to receive these two blogger awards:

This is my first blog award and I'm pretty pumped about it. Thank you Sam for making my day. Everyone go check out her blog and show some love. Her blog is very cute and I can't wait to see how she transforms her new house!



Here are the rules for the blog awards:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you these awards.

2. Tell everyone 7 random facts about yourself.

3. Pass the award to 7 lovely bloggers.

4. Contact each blogger and let them know you've passed the award onto them.



7 random facts about me:



1. Ever since I was a VERY young girl, I knew I wanted to be a hairstylist. Thankfully, I am currently living that dream and doing hair as my full time job and I LOVE every minute of it. My goal is to open up my own salon & spa someday.



2. In the past 7 months I've run a 5K, completed a triathlon, and I'm currently training for my first marathon. I'm NOT a runner and this has been a HUGE challenge, but I'm making it so far! It has been one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Can't wait to cross the finish line in May!



3. I'm a chip addict.....like BAD! I could sit down and eat a whole family sized bag of chips in a very short amount of time. If you don't believe me just ask my college roommates. I'm to blame for getting them hooked on chips too.



4. I played volleyball in college for two years and the last two years of college I joined the pom squad. I'd never taken a dance class in my life, but I thought I'd give dancing a shot. I used to want to be a cheerleader before I played volleyball so I was somewhat familiar with the concept. It was a sight for sore eyes to watch me dance, but I loved it and I'm so thankful I gave it a try.


5. If I could switch professions I would be a wedding planner or a photographer. I love all things wedding and photography and I could sit on the Internet all day and look at pictures of weddings. I've pretty much been planning my wedding since I was in middle school and I already have a large collection of wedding items. Is that weird?? Ha



6. When I was in college my roommates and I walked into our house and there was a strange man inside wrapped up in my roommates comforter. Totally random fact, but it was the scariest thing I've ever encountered and I'm still scarred from it to this day.



7. I started this blog when I bought my Canon camera so that I could post all my pictures for my family to see. I thought it would be a lot easier than e-mailing large picture files. I'm so glad I started this blog. Blogging is one of my new favorite things to do. Although sometimes I feel bad for spending so much time doing it, I figure it's better than sitting around and watching TV. I love reading other's blogs and they've inspired me tremendously!

I'm going to pass the awards onto 5 blogs that I follow and love to read. Each of these blogs are very different from each other which is why I love them. They talk about all kinds of things including: school, family, friends, cooking, marriage, babies, and awesome upcoming adventures in far out places :) I know some of the authors of these blogs personally and a few of them I don't, but I sure do love reading what they have to share. Make sure you click on the links and check out their blogs....I promise you'll love them!

-It's A Love Story, Baby Just Say Yes

-Love, The Porter's

-Sabrina Johnette

-Something Frosty

-Confessions of a 20 Something

Also, thanks to Christina @ Christina's Adventures for featuring my cake stand project on her "20 Below Thursday" craft link party. Check out her fun blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment