Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Before & After- A New Shelf

 
I bought this little shelf a few years back at a friend's garage sale. I'm not quite sure how much I paid for it, but I don't think it was much. I saw great potential for it to be hung next to my front door and function as a key holder, storage bin, and picture frame shelf.....and that's exactly what it is.
 
BEFORE:
 
 
AFTER:
 I sanded it, spray painted it Ivory, and painted the baskets with brown craft paint. I first tried staining the baskets, but that was a complete failure. Note to self: straw baskets don't stain. If they do, please share how. Instead, I mixed brown craft paint with water and just used a paint brush. I didn't want a solid brown look. I wanted more of a stained look and it ended up working just fine.
I was pleased with how it turned out. I know the shelf blends in with the wall now, but when you're renting a house and you have white walls, you don't have much of a choice. I didn't want to paint the shelf a color now and have to change it in the future. I really just wanted it white....and there you have it!
 
Have I told you how good it feels to finally re-do all my stuff that has been sitting in my parent's garage for years? I've had these ideas in my head since the moment I bought them and it was killing me to just sit there and watch my junk pile up because I had no where to put it. It makes me so happy to finally use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment