Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wedding Wednesday #4- Our Honeymoon

 
Let me preface this post by telling you 3 things:
#1. Prior to our honeymoon, my husband had never flown.
#2. He had also never seen the ocean.
#3. I wasn't quite sure how adventurous he was, knowing that he hates heights and roller coasters.
 
I was a wee bit anxious to see how Aaron would handle all of the above, but let me tell you, it was so fun to experience those things with him for the first time. I learned that he is extremely fun to travel with....so easy-going, care free, and to my surprise...full of adventure. I was so shocked at some of the stuff he did without even saying a word. Our honeymoon was perfect! Far better than I could have ever imagined. I was in serious relaxation mode. Aaron kept having to check on me and make sure I was alive because there were times when I went into pure zombie mode....not a care in the world. That was exactly what I needed after the crazy 10 months of planning a big wedding.
 
We stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites in Cancun, Mexico. I highly suggest this resort. It is small, adult only, and very quiet and relaxing. The food was fantastic....there wasn't one thing we tried that we didn't like.
 
I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
 At the airport, ready for his first flight. He ended up loving it and will definitely be flying again!
 The view of the lazy river from our balcony.
 The inside of our room.
After dinner one night....about to watch the storm roll in on the beach beds.
 Honeymoon selfies are a must if you want any pictures together.
 We swam in a cave. That's Aaron diving in.
 The water was crystal clear.
We zip-lined across this lagoon filled with crocodiles.....very intimidating.
 We went to a modern day Mayan village and watched a Mayan show inside of a cave....kind of creepy, but very interesting.
 We didn't get fireworks on the 4th of July, but we got a fire show on the beach instead. This guy was twirling a stick of fire around on his feet.
 We also saw a Mexican circus. As you can see, we took full advantage of the nightly entertainment that our resort provided.
 We got pulled by dolphins.
I look a little terrified.
 We skied on the tips of the dolphin's noses.
One of the coolest things I've ever done.
We got to play and swim with sea lions. They were a lot cooler than I expected.
We spent most of our time here, laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. Aaron was so amused by all the sea life and coral. He could have swam around with his goggles on for days. It was really cute to watch him....he was like a little kid in a candy shop.
 When the weather was rainy, we painted pottery for souvenirs. I love the way our new chip bowl turned out.
 Our last night :(
A rooftop dinner.
 My handsome husband.
 Soaking up our last hour of vacation before heading to the airport.
 Honeymooners
Cheers to Cancun!

Oh how I wish I could snap my fingers and be back there. Instead, it's back to the real world and jobs and chores and writing thank-you's and enjoying our new life together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment