Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Wedding Wednesday #10- The Wedding Video
I know last week I said stay tuned for the bridal breakfast, but that will be a pretty long post and the truth is, this morning I don't have the time to write it and add the large number of pictures. I promise that post will come soon, but today I'm going the easy route and talking about our wedding video/videographer.
The two most important things to me when planning our wedding was hiring a great photographer and videographer. Those are the two things that will outlast Aaron and me and those are the things we will have to show our children and grandchildren one day.
We hired Carpe Diem Video Productions to do our videography and we were extremely pleased with the outcome. We went with the cheapest package which included a short highlight film and then we got bonus features that included the entire wedding ceremony, the first dances, the cake cutting, toasts, and our first look. It was so cool to watch the entire thing with Aaron after the wedding. It was the first time I got to see the parents and grandparents process in, the mother's light the unity candle, the bridesmaids walk down the aisle, the candle lighters lighting the candles, and the precious angel bell choir ringing their bells. I cried watching my bridesmaids come down the aisle to the gorgeous voices of Jessie and Laura singing "How Beautiful." I'm so glad I have all of that footage. It was also quite comical because Aaron had a microphone attached to his suit so you could hear him loud and clear every time he whispered something to me. It's pretty funny to hear what he said.
We let Jared (the videographer) pick out the song that the highlight film was set to. He did an awesome job. I hadn't heard the song before, but now I catch myself singing it all the time. When we got the video back, I think I watched it 434,453 times! When you watch a video that many times, you start to notice all the tiny little things.
Theses are a few of my favorite things in the video:
1. Please watch how the groomsmen are loving and hugging on each other during their photo shoot. It is hilarious to watch all those "big grown men" giving bear hugs to their friends. I love it. It makes me laugh every time.
2. I love how during our first look, I tap Aaron on the right shoulder and at first he turns to his left and then goes to the right. He was so nervous, he said it was instinct to turn the opposite way since he's used to people taping him on the wrong shoulder as a trick.
3. I love the part where my dad's voice cuts in during his toast. Makes me cry every time.
4. I love the part where it shows my mom and me holding hands during our family prayer.
5. I laugh every time I see Aaron's bitter beer face after he takes a sip of champagne during our cake cutting and toasting.
Thank you so much Jared for all your amazing work! We loved everything about the video and we are so glad we decided to hire you as our videographer! We highly recommend him to any future bride and groom. We will forever cherish these memories.
Without further adieu, here is the video:
Quincee & Aaron Highlight Reel from Carpe Diem Video Productions on Vimeo.