Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, September 30, 2013

Bathroom Reveal

I am finally done with our bathroom and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. If you haven't already noticed, I like the colors blue and yellow.....they make me think bright and cheery! It's hard when you are renting a house and you can't paint the walls or woodwork. It drives me crazy because I really want to get my hands on these walls and woodwork. The walls are very different in this bathroom. It is almost like a blue wooden paneling. I originally wanted to do blue and burnt orange in this bathroom, but I found a shower curtain I loved and ran with the yellow.
 
Here is what it looked like before I moved in.
BEFORE:
 
 
 
And here is what it looks like now.
AFTER:
 I was originally going to do some old drawer shelving above the yellow shelf, but I found a ton of really cheap embroidery hoops at a flea market so I went with that idea instead.
 I had all the fabric on hand so the project cost me about $8.
 I wasn't sure how it would look, but I love the way it turned out.
 It's hard to tell what the blue fabric looks like but they have little polka dots and stripes on them.
 This was a wine rack that I bought at a garage sale. I spray painted it and used it as a hand towel holder.
 All I have left to do is find some curtains, or learn how to sew them.
 Our above the toilet storage space for towels.
 
 
Our A & Q towel hooks.
 We bought a curved shower rod. I like the look of the curved rods and the extra space it provides. Instead of buying an actual shower curtain, we bought two curtain panels. I wanted to be able to hang the curtain higher and to open it up in the middle.
We got the rug at TJMAXX. I'm impressed it has managed to stay pretty white.
 
Happy Monday....hope you have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment