Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Monday, December 16, 2013

Festive Party Recipes!

 
I tried a few new recipes for my Christmas party and I think they turned out pretty good. I've had a few people ask me for the recipes, so I thought I'd share them on my blog.
 
Christmas Chex Mix...beware, this stuff is super addicting. Some like to call it Christmas crack. It's really easy and really good and really fattening.
 
I followed the recipe almost exactly, however, I did use about 1/4 cup more coconut than it called for. I really like coconut.
 
Apple Cider Sangria Punch. What's better than wine, apple cider, club soda, brandy, and fresh cut apples and pears? Every one seemed to enjoy the punch. It was completely gone at the end of the party.
You can find the recipe here:
I did alter this recipe a little bit too. I tried it exactly like the recipe said and I didn't really like it all that much. I thought it was pretty good, but it had a really potent wine taste. I diluted it a little bit by adding an extra  1 1/2 - 2 cups of apple cider. That made it taste a lot better and it made it go a lot further.
 
I've made monkey bread a thousand times and I've always used The Pioneer Woman's recipe, but this time I tried a different one and as surprising as it seems, I liked it even better. This recipe uses Karo Syrup in it. It makes the monkey bread gooier and it melts in your mouth.
 
Picture source and recipe found here: http://www.ghquilting.com/2012/03/monkey-bread.html?m=1
I followed this recipe exactly.
 
Hope you all try these out and enjoy them as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment