Blog Archive

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by how many moments that take our breath away."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Okie native, but currently an Arkansan. Newlywed. Hairstylist. Lover of all things creative. Pinterest and blog addict. Wanna-be photographer and wedding planner. Jesus follower. I love meeting new people and I'd love for you to stay a while, read a lot, and follow along. I love discovering new blogs so leave me a comment and I'm thrilled you're here!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...


I'm hosting my 2nd Favorite Things party this Saturday with a group of girls that I've met here. I'm really excited to have a girl's night/Christmas party and enjoy each other's company and share our favorite things. I will post about the party when it's over and share all the fun things that people brought and explain the rules.

But, first I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite things.

#1. My Favorite Shampoo & Conditioner EVER! Pureology Hydrate line.
If I could afford to buy this year round, I would and I would never buy another shampoo & conditioner again. It makes my hair feel amazing and it's the only conditioner that lets me get a comb through my hair without any tangles. It smells amazing and my favorite part is the tingling sensation the conditioner gives your scalp...so fresh and so clean!
 
#2. My Favorite Dry Shampoo. DOVE
I'll be honest, as a hairstylist, I never thought I would recommend a hair product that wasn't from a professional line, but after trying this stuff, I couldn't resist not sharing. It is by far the best dry shampoo I've ever used and I've tried a lot. I used to wash my hair every day because it would get so greasy, but when I use this, I can go 4-5 days without washing. It smells great, blends in great, and the price is only $4.50ish. I discovered it in a hairstyling magazine. Kate Hudson said it was her favorite hair secret so I just had to go out and buy it. I'm so glad I did.
 
#3. My Favorite Self Tanner. Fake Bake Airbrush.
This stuff is amazing. I am extremely ghostly white, and I've sworn off the tanning beds so this is my go-to when I need a tan. I usually only use it if I'm in a wedding, or going to a special event. I apply it about 2 days before the event and by that time it's the perfect amount of color. I like it better than any airbrush tan I've ever gotten by a person or a machine. Even better than the VersaSpa. I buy mine at State Beauty Supply. I'm not sure if you can buy it anywhere else.
 
#4. My Favorite Scent. Tyler Candle Co's Diva.
 I use their Diva laundry soap to wash my sheets, towels, and undergarments in. It is a strong smell so if you don't do scents well, you probably won't like it, but I LOVE it. It is expensive, but it takes just a little and I only use it on those three things so it goes a long way.

 
I also love their auto air fresheners. I currently have Diva in my car and it makes it smell so good! I also have the Diva Wax melts in three of our bedroom Scentsy burners right now. Can you tell I'm a little obsessed?
 
#5. My Favorite Chapstick. Baby Lips.
I have been a huge Baby Lips fan since they first came out. You can always find me with at least 3 different colors in my purse. I just recently discovered that they came out with a new Dr. Rescue line. It is medicated balm and it gives your lips a cool tingling feeling like Burt's Bees. I love this stuff even more than the original. They also have 5 new colors and a clear balm. My favorite is the Berry Soft and Soothing Sorbet.
 
#6. My Favorite Concealer. MAC Mineralize Concealer.
This stuff is wonderful. I use it under my eyes, on blemishes, and to contour. I love it!
 
#7. My Favorite Foundation. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Pressed Powder.
 
I love this powder because it is a mineral powder so it helps my skin stay clear. It covers extremely well and it keeps my face from getting oily.
 
#8. My Favorite Applicator Sponge.
This pink applicator sponge from Sephora works wonders. It makes my foundation go on so smoothly and it gives me a lot more coverage. It really does help give a more "flawless" finish.
 
#9. Favorite Lip Liner. Beautique Lipliner in Wine.
I am a big fan of lip liner. My make-up regimen always includes lip liner and it's always the same color. It's the second one from the left. I use it to line my lips and fill them in. Then, I apply a lipstick on top. You can buy this brand for super cheap at Sally's Beauty Supply.
 
#10. Favorite Hair Spray. Blow Pro Strong Holding Hairspray.
I discovered this stuff when I went to the OKC blow dry bar with my best friend. It is my new favorite hairspray. It smells amazing. It almost has a spicy, cologne type smell, but it is really good. I love it because of the smell, but also because it is a firm hold hairspray, but it doesn't leave a sticky/stiff residue. You still have weightless, bouncy hair, but it's almost like the spray has muscle memorization of your hair style. I'm not quite sure where you can buy it other than at a blow dry bar, or maybe online.
 
If you'd like to read about my last favorite things party and see all the fun things people brought you can find it here: http://quinceetaylor.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-im-loving-wednesday.html
 
Can't wait to share with you about the party this weekend!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment